Guest viewing is limited

Happening Bar Noob

Sora127

TAG Member
Reaction score
Traveling in Tokyo for the first time right now. To preface, I'm a fairly tall, fit, decent looking white guy in my mid 20s. I'd consider trying to pull a girl at a bar, but between being new to Japan and not speaking Japanese other than the extreme basics, I feel like I might struggle to mingle. Would a happening bar like Voluptuous be a good alternative?

if you go to a happening bar expecting to “pull” a girl you’re going to have a bad time. If you go to a happening bar with an open mind and a decent attitude to have fun with those around you…you might get your penis played with in an enjoyable way.
A happening bar is NOT a guarantee of sex, though. If you want a sure thing spend the money on a soapland.

Yes and no. A happening bar is a place to hook up, but if you struggle to talk to women then it won't happen. You have to be friendly, a gentleman, and outgoing. Also the ratio of guys to girls is less favorable than a normal bar. Back in my younger days I did fairly well doing pickups at bars so I can say that if you are young and good at talking then it's definitely possible if you go to the right places. Night clubs and certain bars are the best places to snag a ladies attention.

All that being said, I would suggest you hit up a happening bar on the weekend to experience what it is before you leave Japan.

Yes and no. A happening bar is a place to hook up, but if you struggle to talk to women then it won't happen. You have to be friendly, a gentleman, and outgoing. Also the ratio of guys to girls is less favorable than a normal bar. Back in my younger days I did fairly well doing pickups at bars so I can say that if you are young and good at talking then it's definitely possible if you go to the right places. Night clubs and certain bars are the best places to snag a ladies attention.

All that being said, I would suggest you hit up a happening bar on the weekend to experience what it is before you leave Japan.
I'd like to say I'm fairly confident and fine with talking to women, but that's in English. I might need to study up before next time I come. I'll probably try the happening bar anyway. Seems cool! I won't exactly be gutted if nothing comes from it.

if you go to a happening bar expecting to “pull” a girl you’re going to have a bad time. If you go to a happening bar with an open mind and a decent attitude to have fun with those around you…you might get your penis played with in an enjoyable way.
A happening bar is NOT a guarantee of sex, though. If you want a sure thing spend the money on a soapland.
That sounds fine with me. I'm enjoying my time in Japan, so I'm not too bothered either way. I'm considering something like the dreaded JanJan if I desperately want to get my rocks off before I leave. But so far, I'm not too stressed over it. More so just to see if the option of naturally getting with a Japanese women is there.

I'd like to say I'm fairly confident and fine with talking to women, but that's in English. I might need to study up before next time I come. I'll probably try the happening bar anyway. Seems cool! I won't exactly be gutted if nothing comes from it.
Send me a DM, I can give you some tips for voluptuous. And if you have any specific questions I can answer for you

As someone who used to go to happening bars with no intentions of being a part of any “happening”… Some girls are there for the free booze, the fun atmosphere, and just there to chill. If you go in with the “I want get laid right now” attitude, it might be a miss. At the same time, there’s plenty of girls who want to get down, so keep a good attitude, have fun, and you might get lucky.

A lot of happening bars have started cracking down on IDs- some places won’t let you in unless you have proof that you live in Japan (insurance card, residency card, etc) so you might want to check the bar’s policy before heading over.

As someone who used to go to happening bars with no intentions of being a part of any “happening”… Some girls are there for the free booze, the fun atmosphere, and just there to chill. If you go in with the “I want get laid right now” attitude, it might be a miss. At the same time, there’s plenty of girls who want to get down, so keep a good attitude, have fun, and you might get lucky.

A lot of happening bars have started cracking down on IDs- some places won’t let you in unless you have proof that you live in Japan (insurance card, residency card, etc) so you might want to check the bar’s policy before heading over.
Very true! Many people just hang out their first visit. Some are nervous, some are trying to figure out if its for them, and some just want to talk in a pervy atmosphere. And even if girls are there to just chill out, it's always a great time and improves the atmosphere of the bar. Nothing is worse than an empty bar ☠️

ID requirement is the biggest reason I usually suggest Voluptuous to travelers. As long as you bring your passport, you are fine. Many other bars require a Japanese health insurance card.
Also there are fewer and fewer bars that allow people who can't speak Japanese. Lately I've heard a few "foreign friendly" bars turning away people.

Very true! Many people just hang out their first visit. Some are nervous, some are trying to figure out if its for them, and some just want to talk in a pervy atmosphere. And even if girls are there to just chill out, it's always a great time and improves the atmosphere of the bar. Nothing is worse than an empty bar ☠️

ID requirement is the biggest reason I usually suggest Voluptuous to travelers. As long as you bring your passport, you are fine. Many other bars require a Japanese health insurance card.
Also there are fewer and fewer bars that allow people who can't speak Japanese. Lately I've heard a few "foreign friendly" bars turning away people.
Hell, I provided free entertainment for the guests by practicing self-suspension on one bar’s hard point but instantly stopped when the oyajis thought it was a good idea to rush over and make remarks about my body 😐

I miss the days when my crew for going “hapubaa” hopping was still intact…

Hell, I provided free entertainment for the guests by practicing self-suspension on one bar’s hard point but instantly stopped when the oyajis thought it was a good idea to rush over and make remarks about my body 😐

I miss the days when my crew for going “hapubaa” hopping was still intact…
You would get along well with my partner. She is always getting up to some shinanigans. Not too long ago we stuck some dildos on the mirrors along the wall and a few girls did some self care with them 😂.
Sadly a lot of the bars are real strict about what goes on in the main room. Probably less than 5 good waiwai bars around now.

You would get along well with my partner. She is always getting up to some shinanigans. Not too long ago we stuck some dildos on the mirrors along the wall and a few girls did some self care with them 😂.
Sadly a lot of the bars are real strict about what goes on in the main room. Probably less than 5 good waiwai bars around now.
Sounds like something I’d pull (or push…)! 😂

My friend started working at one in Yokohama which I’ll be scouting out some time soon… Oh, the good old days of getting up to mischief…

Reactions: Alice and cpfcse25
Sounds like something I’d pull (or push…)! 😂

My friend started working at one in Yokohama which I’ll be scouting out some time soon… Oh, the good old days of getting up to mischief…
Let us know how it is. I know there is one in Yokohama I'm super interested in called Zone. It has a kickboxing event. I saw it on Twitter and was like "fighting and fucking are my two favorite things."

Let us know how it is. I know there is one in Yokohama I'm super interested in called Zone. It has a kickboxing event. I saw it on Twitter and was like "fighting and fucking are my two favorite things."
oh my lord! that sounds amazing - definitely keen to go too

Reactions: Alice