Guest viewing is limited

Happening Bars In Kawasaki/yokohama

Ladylisa

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to go to a HB with a FWB soon and Kawasaki or Yokohama will be better in terms of location.

We are both Caucasian (late 30s) , but I've been here for quite a while and speak Japanese pretty well (and can read enough to figure out the HB websites).
He on the other hand doesn't speak Japanese at all.
Is that likely to be a problem?
I've been to happening bars (by myself) and had absolutely no problems but I read somewhere here that some places want the guy to be able to speak Japanese.

I found a few places through MabeNavi and google and was wondering if any one had any info on them.

Kawasaki will work out well for location, so I was looking at Bar 999 as a possibility.
They are having a party this Saturday that I thought might mean there are good numbers.

Has anyone been there or knows anything about it?
On their rules they specifically mention that tattoos are not allowed, except for "one point".
My guy has a few tattoos on his arms, so how likely is it to be a problem?

In Yokohama I also found a number of other places
Muse
Infinity
And a couple of couple kissa
Ukiuki
And Aja(?)
All centered around the Kannai, Koganecho area.

The prices seem to be cheaper than for Tokyo (around ¥7000-¥8000 for a couple for the first time) but I'm wondering in the atmosphere.
Anyone know?

Thanks

Went to Muse a year or so ago with my Singaporean FWB. I'm African-American and we both appear to be attractive early 40s, I guess. She speaks fluent nihongo...mine is more kodomo no. Action seemed to be centered on the front bar area where the master seems to take pride in having some kind of foodstuff to offer (cheese, roast...etc). There were a couple of party rooms where one could view the goings on. They also had a smoking area that those inclined had to go to enjoy. The couples there seemed pretty relaxed, friendly, and curious. (My friend is intensely jealous...so all I can usually do is watch and enjoy the ambiance).

Reactions: Ladylisa
Thank you so much:)
Can you tell me more about Muse?

It sounds like they are friendly and relaxed towards foreigners, and if I speak Japanese my FWB will be fine.

How strict are they about checking ID?
What about tattoos?

How was the level of activity and male/female ratio?

As I said...it's been awhile. I'm pretty sure that we had to call to get proper directions as to location....and I think a staff member may have met us on the street to direct us. I remember not feeling that the place was a sausage festival as Retreat (and sometimes Silk/Bliss Out) were wont to be. Activity level was moderate, in that there were 1-2 couples in the two party spaces open to view playing. Japanese seem to be most convivial and appeared to get their greatest jollies from sitting at the tables in front of the bar area...drinking and talking. I don't remember IDs being an issue...and we weren't tattooed...so the issue never arose. As I said...my friend is hyper-possessive....so I was reduced to being the Great Observer.

Reactions: Ladylisa