Happy New Year & Thank You! - 1/4/11

TAG Administrator

TAG Member
Reaction score
To all of our members, support staff & visitors, thank you for making a 2010 a successful year.

At the end of 2010, we surpassed over five million hits between January 1 and December 31. That equates to around 13,000 hits per day including an error margin of -/+10% for bots and other non-human page views.

The core objective of this site was to launch on a minimal budget and forgo advertisements and other promotional material. It is also somewhat difficult to market ourselves in the normal channels due to the types of content we cover. Therefore, I concluded we would launch with a grass-roots effort to bring people here through word of mouth and well engineered search engine optimization.

There have been some up & down periods including a server hardware failure early on in 2010. That was one of those 1 in a 1000 shots that just happen to hit us at really a crucial time. Nevertheless, changes were made and funds were spent to give some additional assurance that we would not get caught holding the pot once again. (So to speak..)

As we look forward to this year, I hope for continued growth in each of our content areas. Currently waiting in the pipeline is a site refresh and a graphics refresh. What will actually be released will have a strict dependency on new content and a higher frequency of that new content.

It is with great hope that I will be available to roll up some of what we have been planning by the end of the first financial quarter, sometime in late March or early April 2011.

For the time being, Happy New year to all and thanks for making the Tokyo Adult Guide into what it has become today. The staff and I appreciate all of our regular contributors, thank you so much!

Warmest Regards,

Eliah
TAG Administrator

(For any direct contact with me, please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom right of this page.)