Has anyone ever tried Takecab aka Vonoprazan fumarate?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
So my acid reflux has been really acting up worse than ever and I went to a clinic and was prescribed Vonoprazan fumarate 10 mg.

I have not needed to take medicine for esophageal reflux for about 3 years, so the last time I took medicine for it, I was prescribed a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) which are considered old-school and less effective now. He mentioned that Vonoprazan fumarate is a potassium-competative acid blocker, which is the newest type of medicine on the market used to treat health issues such as esophageal reflux. So that was good to hear.

PPI's helped me a little, but the effectiveness would always have a really slow onset. I trust my doctor and I will take the prescription he gave me, but I was just curious if anyone else on here has taken this medicine before and experienced good results, side effects, etc?

I sure hope it works better than PPI's...then again, I expect it to as it is the latest medicine on the market for this health issue.

Going to take it for the first time before I sleep, wish me luck.

https://www.takeda.com/newsroom/new...-treatment-of-acid-related-diseases-in-japan/

https://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0016-5085(18)30030-1/pdf

Mine is under control with PPI. “Lifestyle changes” matter IMO, I have completely stayed away from alcohol and acidic fruits for a year and I feel a lot healthier. (Never been a strong drinker but if you have acid reflux even having a night out once a month can take its toll on your health)

Mine is under control with PPI. “Lifestyle changes” matter IMO, I have completely stayed away from alcohol and acidic fruits for a year and I feel a lot healthier. (Never been a strong drinker but if you have acid reflux even having a night out once a month can take its toll on your health)

I'm assuming you have never tried Vonoprazan fumarate, since the PPI is helping you. Yes, I completely live by lifestyle changes as well. I quit eating fastfood and drinking soda and energy drinks about 2 years ago. I only drink beer on special occasions a couple times a year. I have been feeling a lot better

I took the Vonoprazan fumarate 10mg about an hour ago. Not feeling any strange side effects so far. I believe this medicine will help me out a lot.

There is only one medicine for me: Japan!
At home i always have Reflux, never in Japan :):):)

I hardly suffer symptoms from acid reflux but it does come and go. I agree that the Japanese diet is much healthier than most diets around the world. I'm from the US, so my digestive health was a lot worse when I was living there lol.

Reactions: Mathias
So, I have only taken this medicine for two days and it works way better than any ppi medicine such as omaeprozole or lansoprozole.

I even tested it by drinking some black coffee and my stomach is still totally fine.

I recommend this medicine to anyone with digestion issues.

Last edited: