Have you ever met lesbians in Japan?

Chie

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm not really bisexual but I'm totally up for sex with other women. I've never met like an honest-to-god lesbian who actually has sex with other lesbians. (Might be partly because the only lesbians I've met was when I was in middle school and high school, though :D)

As for the question, I'm just curious, that's all :D

Where do you meet lesbians anyway --

I'm not really bisexual but I'm totally up for sex with other women. I've never met like an honest-to-god lesbian who actually has sex with other lesbians. (Might be partly because the only lesbians I've met was when I was in middle school and high school, though :D)

Shinjuku has a pretty large gay district. Where I am located there is a pretty big lesbian population mostly foreigner however many of the Japanese girls seem to be a bit bi-curious. What is funny to me is that one of the popular bars here is a gay bar and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is none the wiser that it is a gay bar. They just accept the fact that they owner is a lesbian and many of her customers who are her friends happen to be gay, but it is a pretty legit spot to have a few with friends. Picking up now that is a whole different story, but there are stories which I can not tell sadly of girls picking up girls and well, I thought guys were spontaneous but damn women sure have us beat. Once again this is in the Southern area of Japan Kyushu. Many places have a gay district, but be aware that you will not be able to go into gay bars if you are a female and vice versa until after a certain time. Some are open to both sexes but for the most part it's Lesbians here and Gays there it is pretty separated. If you are wondering how I know, only way my bestie would come to Tokyo with me was if we took her to the gay district and STAY in the gay district. It was a huge plus though found a place that had Guinness on tap!!!

LOL

You are too good to be true. :)

Most major cities have a gay and lesbian district that will have bars and nightclubs that are lesbian meeting spots.

In Tokyo the famous area is in the Shinjuku Ward and it is known as Shinjuku NiChome.

Since you said that you are only 18 in a previous post, drinking is probably off the table for the moment.

I'm sure that if you use your Google skills you can find some lesbian pals to explore your sexuality with in Korea.

Just out of curiosity, what part of Korea are you from?

I'm going to guess that you aren't from Seoul and are from a smaller town.

Shinjuku has a pretty large gay district. Where I am located there is a pretty big lesbian population mostly foreigner however many of the Japanese girls seem to be a bit bi-curious. What is funny to me is that one of the popular bars here is a gay bar and NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is none the wiser that it is a gay bar. They just accept the fact that they owner is a lesbian and many of her customers who are her friends happen to be gay, but it is a pretty legit spot to have a few with friends. Picking up now that is a whole different story, but there are stories which I can not tell sadly of girls picking up girls and well, I thought guys were spontaneous but damn women sure have us beat. Once again this is in the Southern area of Japan Kyushu. Many places have a gay district, but be aware that you will not be able to go into gay bars if you are a female and vice versa until after a certain time. Some are open to both sexes but for the most part it's Lesbians here and Gays there it is pretty separated. If you are wondering how I know, only way my bestie would come to Tokyo with me was if we took her to the gay district and STAY in the gay district. It was a huge plus though found a place that had Guinness on tap!!!
Thanks for the detailed reply! Very interesting :D :D

Reactions: Wwanderer
Agreed, I thought about that as well, but I personally feel that term is a bit bs tbh.

I don't disagree...maybe not always, but mostly anyway.

A completely or almost completely inexperienced bisexual could reasonably be called bi-curious I suppose.

-Ww

I've been to Goldfinger in Shinjuku and its a nice place. I'm also planning to check the other big lesbian bar out, i forgot the name though.
However lesbian bars have mainly couples who are lesbian, they are generally not places for an easy hookup.
Your best bet are likely other bicurious girls, then you also wouldn't hurt the feelings of a lesbian who is looking for a real relationship.
I have had positive contacts with Japanese girls in happening bars, they are often bicurious but happening bars can also be sausages fests sadly, and maybe a scary place to go for a virgin.

Agreed, I thought about that as well, but I personally feel that term is a bit bs tbh.

Like most of the definitions are :p. As I am myself interested in girls who are bisexual I can declare myself to be bi-curious :D.

Ni-chome comes to mind first. A lot of lesbian or bi-curious girls will also go to hipster bars that are foreign-friendly. If you are looking for a Japanese bi-girl, going to a happening bar might be a good place look. A lot of women take their bfs there not so much to hook up with guys, but to get the chance to experiment with women ;)