Have you guys noticed it getting hard to find a love hotel room?

ForeignGuy

TAG Member
Reaction score
Ended up meeting a girl and needing to find a room this weekend. It was 4 PM, but we walked into 6 love hotels in Shibuya before we found one that showed us to a waiting room and told us they would prepare a room in 10-20 minutes. I noticed there were a lot of couples searching for rooms as well.

I'm guessing that with people going out more and more, and a lot of love hotels having shut down during the pandemic, there's now not enough rooms to meet the demand.

Just wondering if others have had similar experiences, or if this was a freak accident where people in the Shibuya area suddenly felt the need to shag.

Weekend afternoons always are high season for nookie-on-the-side, and LH Hill is a prime target for said activities. Vary your timing, and area (Meguro and Gotanda, for instance) and you'll find ample, well, openings.

As Babaram stated, the weekends are usually busy and a lot of LHs are busy in the popular areas in the afternoon. Choosing morning slots usually is best on the weekends in Shibuya if you want to get a room without waiting or being turned away.

Reactions: ForeignGuy
Just a to add, with it being summer now, try to avoid day-dates that might end up at a LH during any sort of big festivals. No idea what the summer is like in Tokyo, but in Osaka we had that abomination known as Tenjin Matsuri in July that basically every young person goes to with friends or on dates. By early afternoon, every LH anywhere within a couple mile radius of the festivities was packed with drunk, sweaty, horny high school and college kids waiting outside for a room.

I had an afternoon date in Kabukicho on Sunday two weeks ago. We had to try 6 hotels and finally got the last available room at one hotel really far from Shinjuku station, is more closer to Higashi Shinjuku station.

Before covid, I always tried to avoid to have a date on weekend and holidays in between 1:30pm to 4:30pm. Most of hotels’ service time on weekend finish around 3-4pm, need another 30 minutes to clean to welcome next guests so after 5pm is normally better.
It is still busy but it is not likely you cannot find any room at all.

In Shibuya, it could be helpful to head over to the Bunkamura side, and approach from that direction. There is one side-street that has ‘Hotel 03’ on it.

That bit of stretch has both front and back entrances to various LH on it, so you can hit 8-10 different ones in quick succession. Since it’s Shibuya, they’re all pretty basic. However, it’s beats the frustration you’ll have because the charm of finding one after two ‘no vacancies’ wears off really quick.

If you head to Shinjuku. The JHT group posts the ‘vacancy’ and ‘currently being prepared’ for each of their member hotel. There is a bit of a time lag, and you have to drill down for each hotel, but it does help let you know what’s available.
https://jht-group.jp/#c01