Guest viewing is limited

Heaven And Hell

Have you had a similar crazy experience?

• Total voters
I've merged these threads. We don't need episodic threads here -- you can keep posting in the same thread as long as it's still on topic. Thanks.

@injp
On one hand I commend your humanity in staying with this lady. That you obviously care about what happens to her and want to try to help her is so positive. Your are a good human.
On the other hand, do what you are able to steady her life and get the hell out of it for your own sake. You say you are now 'able' to break up with her, but that is not the point. Is she able to break up with you and not cause you incredible grief? If she knows your phone numbers, knows where you live and knows where you work anything could happen. The law will not protect you here. I suggest you move (another city if possible), do what you can to protect your employment situation, and when you feel it is the best time, change your phones/emails and then break up as gently as you can. Do not look back. If you can't do that then you have to think how far you are willing to go to help this lady. She is married and so are you so it is not just you and her. Gook luck, mate.

Reactions: Ladylisa
It's quite sensitive but relevant to any of us who unexpectedly dated someone bipolar, they are saying the copilot who just crashed the airplane into the Swiss Alps may have suffered from being bipolar.
It sounded like he was bipolar especially the fact of being mentally unstable but hiding it from the rest of the world.

Reactions: John Chavers
I was in a years-long relationship with a bipolar woman, and the best advice I can offer is to get out as fast as you can.

The grief to you personally isn't worth it, and the separation can be spectacularly explosive - in my case I ended up getting a new cell phone number, moving to a new neighborhood and thanking my lucky stars that she had no idea where my office was.

This is classic borderline personality disorder. If she is bipolar, I have not seen it described in the words you post. Best of luck with her regardless...

I hate to say this, but J women with severe mental problems have a habit of attaching themselves to gaijins in the mistaken belief we are too nice to care or too stupid to notice. You gotta feel sorry for her husband.

If you want to meet more genuine nutcases, go to the gyaku nanpa deai cafe in Shibuya Centagai

In the pinkies you will often find autistic or bipolar women their choice of employment is limited

My specialty subject is mental health. Jiheisho which is autism in English is very common in Japan and covers a huge spectrum of behaviour from lunatics on trains who think they are a railway guard to people who seem perfectly normal.

Then there is schizophrenia

In my opinion nobody is normal anyway. Just make sure you have an exit strategy if you hook up with a nutty woman. Make sure they don't know where you live or you can end up with a stalker

Most mentally ill don't realize they got a problem and their family are often too ashamed to get help for them but I think this is changing at last

And last but not least - a high percentage of gaijins who choose to live in Japan are running away from mental problems. You probably know one or two.