Hello Everybody

Rusty Shackleford

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for welcoming me to the community.

As someone who will be making the journey to Tokyo in the coming months, I've been very happy to have stumbled upon this forum. The amount of information to be found on here really makes it obvious how lively of an adult entertainment scene Japan really has. And this place is sure looking to help out a gaijin such as myself on my first trip.

Hopefully I'll be able to come back with some information to share with the rest of you!

Welcome to TAG! We look forward to hearing from you.

Since you recommended Don Juan, can you give us any specifics on your experience there or point us to any reviews? I've seen several references to their accepting foreigners, and there are some good looking girls based on the pics (I've especially had my eye on さつき). But, they're on the pricey side (minimum ~70,000 yen for foreigners), and I've not found any actual reviews for people's experience there.

Since you recommended Don Juan, can you give us any specifics on your experience there or point us to any reviews? I've seen several references to their accepting foreigners, and there are some good looking girls based on the pics (I've especially had my eye on さつき). But, they're on the pricey side (minimum ~70,000 yen for foreigners), and I've not found any actual reviews for people's experience there.

I haven't been there, personally. You can have a read of this: http://yahoo.co.jp/foreigner-friendly-soaplands-in-tokyo/

The only soapland I've been to was the Yoshiwara group's Ascot Club, on multiple occasions. You can read my review, if you like. http://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/soapland-ascot-club-アスコットクラブ-ー-review-miki-みき.7334/
Still kind of pricey.

I hear Satin Dolls is a cheaper. http://www.s-doll.com/sp/

Thanks a lot for the warning, Jay! I'll keep it in mind.

That's unfortunate to hear that Kabuki-cho is such a risky adventure. I actually had Hinomaru and New Hot Point on my list of places to visit. Not so much looking at soaplands, as it's a bit out of my budget, but more so at pink salons. Would you advise avoiding these places even in the daylight hours?

Sadly I have the disadvantage of only knowing some simple phrases in Japanese, but I am fairly well versed in the culture and etiquette.

Thanks a lot for the warning, Jay! I'll keep it in mind.

That's unfortunate to hear that Kabuki-cho is such a risky adventure. I actually had Hinomaru and New Hot Point on my list of places to visit. Not so much looking at soaplands, as it's a bit out of my budget, but more so at pink salons. Would you advise avoiding these places even in the daylight hours?

Sadly I have the disadvantage of only knowing some simple phrases in Japanese, but I am fairly well versed in the culture and etiquette.

During the day, you won't be hassled as much, though the sharks will still be out. Most places are shut down at daytime. I haven't been to Happy Hinomaru, so I can only refer you to the other posts on it. However, I've been to New Hot Point and based on my experience, I'll have to advice you not to waste your time there. I wrote and fairly detailed review of New Hot Point, if you want info. In short, the girls are attractive, but it wasn't good and I didn't have a good time.

http://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/review-new-hot-point-ニューホットポイント-asuka-アスカ.7364/#post-20403

Foreigner friendly Pink Salons don't sound very good. You can search the forums on that matter. My Deliheru (delivery health) would be better.

When in Kabukicho, know where u r going. Never, ever go into an establishment which u havent seen recommended here (n)

Reactions: just4fun
Welcome. If I can make a recommendation to you, it would be to stay away from Shinjuku's Kabukicho at night.

Other than that, just stay away from Kabukicho.

I think this piece of advice comes out of fear and is kind of overkill, in my opinion. Remember that Kabukicho is home to a rather large number of regular bars, restaurants, and other 'legit' nightlife areas -- I think the movie theater where I saw the most recent Batman is there, pool halls, video arcades, etc, etc. There's also plenty of completely safe red light destinations there, such as New Hot Point, Hinomaru, the dozens of love hotels that are available there, etc. Now, if you aren't familiar with the area, I wouldn't recommend going to Kabukicho without a destination in mind, for sure. You should know where you are going and how to get there, and don't trust people you don't know. Like any large city.

Any foreign trip, you should be on your toes, do your research, and don't be stupid.

Even if you don't have a destination in mind and just want to experience what is arguably the largest red light district in Japan is all about, you will feel perfectly safe walking around Kabukicho as long as you keep walking and don't engage in a lot of conversation with the touts there -- I'd recommend completely ignoring them, because they won't stop talking to you if you acknowledge their existence, but you might want some of the 'local color'.

Reactions: Gerdo
We could do with a dedic8d Kabuicho thread here :D

Not sure where to post this so I will post on old thread of mine :pompous:

Reactions: just4fun
I appreciate the advise from both sides of the table.

Sounds like I'm back on plan for visiting Kabukicho. I'm confident in my ability to fend off the undesirables. We'll see if that leads to my downfall!

This is going to end up being one pricey vacation, but it should be worth it. My wallet is fretting over my resent discovery of JK-Style. :woot: