Hello

fasta1283

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Will be heading over to Tokyo next week and quite excited. As I was browsing some information, it seems that it is really hard to get around without speaking Japanese. And just a question, but is 'sumata' a code word for something else? In addition, when services claim 'no foreigners', do those mean just Japanese people (so not allowing Koreans, Chinese, or any other East Asian people?)

Thanks

Hello!

Will be heading over to Tokyo next week and quite excited. As I was browsing some information, it seems that it is really hard to get around without speaking Japanese. And just a question, but is 'sumata' a code word for something else? In addition, when services claim 'no foreigners', do those mean just Japanese people (so not allowing Koreans, Chinese, or any other East Asian people?)

Thanks

scorpioni6ths did a good job explaining sumata and it's quite pleasant. "AF" is often a code for what you are seeking, but not always.

It's better to know some Japanese, however your choices are limited. I've done OK with my less than basic ability, but I've been here a long time. On your short visit you may want to maximize your experience. Search the forum for soaplands and services like Asian Mystique options.

Most of the time the 'no foreigners' restriction means just that, irregardless of your Asian heritage. You have to accept it and not make a scene.