Help First Time in Soapland

Aleksander75000

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I go to Japan in September to tokyo . I want to try the soapland. I've been looking for several soaplands, but I don't know which one to take. For example, there's Sweet Kiss and there's a girl I like "Miku". So I'd like to know how it works? Should we call first to make a reservation?

Thank you for your answers

Although Sweet Kiss specifically advertises as foreigner friendly, it may not be possible for foreigners to make a reservation, especially on the phone in English.

If you can’t maintain a conversation over the phone in nihongo, it’s better not to make a reservation (unless they have a LINE ID) or they have English speakers.

Plus, there’s no way to determine if the girl of your fancy services gaijin. Their websites don’t usually say who services we gaijin and who doesn’t. I think it also depends how busy they are.

I go to Tokyo next month. I will probably just pop in and see who is available. You can always stop by and inquire about who is available the following day. Do some research beforehand and go where the wind takes you, as well as the friendly doormen.

If the doorman doesn’t wave at you, keep walking.

Sweet Kiss has an English version of their site and they claim all their girls are OK with foreigners. I've never seen schedule or cast changes between the two versions so that shouldn't be a problem here. If they really are appealing to foreigners so much it should be possible to try for the phone call in English. Otherwise what usually happens is you go there early, before she starts working and ask at the desk to book her for later that day.

Go see a movie or have lunch/dinner whatever and come back when it's time.

If you enter a establishment and the japanese guys does this to you.
It means no foreignors allowed.

makes-an-x-shape-with-his-arms-and-hands-picture-id481990310

Exactly what Hofmeyer said - lots of times they won't let you make a reservation if its your first time there. Best to get there early and make a reservation in-person for that girl later in the day. They'll probably have you pay for the session then as well.

The issue with pricing isn't really lying, its just an older way of doing things that some of the more expensive shops still maintain. The cheaper shops usually just list the "real" price up front but for the higher end places I think the logic is "if you have to ask it's already too expensive for you". Nobody realistically thinks they're going to get into a high end soap for 20,000 JPY so its not a scam, per-se.

Thanks for the warning.

I saw that some Soaplands lied a little about prices and that they didn't put the price with the girl but just the bath.
But Sweet Kiss looks honest with the prices from the reviews I read on the site.

I'd be careful

It's not that they are lying. That's the traditional/legal way for a shop to advertise the fee. In theory, you are going there just to take a bath. Everything else happens "by accident" and the shop cannot advertise what would accidentally happen. It's part of formality that keeps soaplands legal.

The standard cost formula is: total cost = bathing fee x 3 + gaijin tax.

Thanks for the warning.

I saw that some Soaplands lied a little about prices and that they didn't put the price with the girl but just the bath.
But Sweet Kiss looks honest with the prices from the reviews I read on the site.

I'd be careful
Thats not lying, thats their system. They usually write down on the site that its the bathing fee.
Its pretty common for brothels all around the world to only list their entrance fee and you still have to shell out more than the entrace fee for the girl.

It's not that they are lying. That's the traditional/legal way for a shop to advertise the fee. In theory, you are going there just to take a bath. Everything else happens "by accident" and the shop cannot advertise what would accidentally happen. It's part of formality that keeps soaplands legal.

The standard cost formula is: total cost = bathing fee x 3 + gaijin tax.
I wonder why some shops advertise the total then. Its not a legal problem for them?

You are spot on about not listing things. Delivery health often lists all the options that are available that are not FS but soapland doesn’t list things like BJ.

Reactions: Ken1988
I wonder why some shops advertise the total then. Its not a legal problem for them?

You are right. I'm actually surprised to see more and more shops nowadays advertising the total. As that trend hasn't made any news or arrest, maybe I should admit that my interpretation has become obsolete. However, it's interesting to see all the high-end shops in Yoshiwara sticking to advertising the bathing fee. I like the traditional way of bathing fee ad better because it gives me a rough idea as to how much the girl's take would be.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Wait, so the price advertised on their website, example, 20k, the payment gonna be 60k + gaijin tax?

Wait, so the price advertised on their website, example, 20k, the payment gonna be 60k + gaijin tax?

If it says 総額 20,000円, it's 20K + gaijin tax.
If it says 入浴料 20,000円, it's around 60K + gaijin tax. 入浴料(bathing fee) goes to the shop, and the girl's share is traditionally two-thirds of the total. So the estimated total is about three times of the bathing fee (plus gaijin tax).

Hey I'll be in Tokyo in Sept (7 -17) last time I visited I went to two different soaplands in Yoshiwara with a friend and we're planning on hitting up the area again. If our trip dates overlap we can go together if you want I know it sounds weird but we'd be down if your game. Let me know.

If it says 総額 20,000円, it's 20K + gaijin tax.
If it says 入浴料 20,000円, it's around 60K + gaijin tax. 入浴料(bathing fee) goes to the shop, and the girl's share is traditionally two-thirds of the total. So the estimated total is about three times of the bathing fee (plus gaijin tax).
I wonder if if the total price is listed on the website, how much the women get.
Maybe they get less but they dont have to pay extra costs like room rent, drink money and a fee to work at the shop? I’ve talked to some people but it seems not every shop has the same rules.

Reactions: Ken1988
I’ve talked to some people but it seems not every shop has the same rules.

Yeah, they all have different systems. It's all percentage based, but some shops have lower rates with minimum income guarantees, some have higher rates and no guarantees, some tack on fees like room rent....

I plan to put 30k Yens. is that enough for Sweetkiss and Darling-H? According to the reviews I read here. There have been plan changes in my budget. Events I can't miss!

There’s a price guide on this site compiled sudsy. 30,000 yen is definitely not enough for both places. Your statement should read OR not AND.

I wonder if if the total price is listed on the website, how much the women get.
Maybe they get less but they dont have to pay extra costs like room rent, drink money and a fee to work at the shop? I’ve talked to some people but it seems not every shop has the same rules.

I wonder, too...a shop needs to make it clear for tax purposes. A consumption tax is levied on the bathing fee, but I'm not sure if it is levied on the rest - which is not supposed to change hands...

I think there's a cap on a girl's take at Y50K (for 120 min) in Yoshiwara's high end shops, so the formula doesn't hold for those shops, either, but it's a convenient way to make a rough estimate.

I understand the girl's actual take-home pay ("bakku") would be:

base pay +incentives (nominations, gaijin tax) - expenses (room rent, drink, nuru gel, tooth paste, etc.), which all depends on shops.

I think there's a cap on a girl's take at Y50K (for 120 min) in Yoshiwara's high end shops, so the formula doesn't hold for those shops, either, but it's a convenient way to make a rough estimate.
Oh really? Even for the popular AV girls?