Guest viewing is limited

HND vs NRT

It really depends on where you are staying. If you're on the east side of Tokyo NRT may be a better, if you're staying on the west side HND.

I always take NRT because I live a hell of a lot closer to there than HND.

I live just about as far east as you can go and still be in Tokyo and I still prefer to fly through HND.

The luggage issue can be solved with delivery service, but overall transportation concerns, I’m much more pleased with Narita.

I have gone as far as to put my condition to some biz trips to be I get to fly from Haneda. :p But then I drive there or take a taxi and it's around 20 minutes vs. the 1.5 h to Narita.

And as said before Narita is in Chiba. Friends don't let friends go to Chiba.

Also, Singapore Air, which is arguably the best airline in the world.

Was. Now they employ male stewardesses. Blasphemy. Though probably my chances of dating them are higher now. :D:eek:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
After experience from this past trip to Haneda, my vote goes for Haneda..

The closeness to the city, and less waking required were the two biggest benefits..

Other notes
1. Was cheaper to get to the city from Haneda.. 1K to 1.2K vs around 4K for NEX
2. The international terminal was nice, and duty free shopping was less crowded.
3. If you have multiple bags or heavy bags, I would advise against taking the monorail and JR Yamanote line to get to Shinjuku,,,especially in rush hour traffic.. The limo bus service can be a more much more convenient option, especially if you are staying at a hotel in downtown shinjuku...i took this back to the airport and it was great..

NRT has three terminals and the differences between them are night and day.
HND has the one intl terminal and it’s new and lovely.
From where I am in Tokyo, the travel difference is a 20 minute taxi or a 1+ hour limousine bus. Shorter the better in my opinion. But my flight requirements don’t always mean HND. I’ve made my peace with it.

Reactions: ur19877
Since I live on Miura Peninsula, Haneda is the first choice.

It's convenient, not as much for departures as arrivals. It can be a two hour trip home after a long flight from Narita with traffic, whereas, it's just a half hour from Haneda, with hardly ever any traffic.

However, most of the time, due to more flights out of Narita, we are forced to go to Chiba.

Since we drive, with luggage for the family, for over fifteen years, we use a company that meets us at the departure traffic lanes. They take the car and when we return, they know our flight, and have the car waiting for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: ur19877