Homemade sulfur spray for jock itch?

If your doctor did not check where the infection was how can you also guarantee it’s not an STD? I’m not saying it is but wouldn’t he/she have to check to give you an answer?

There is a really good spray for both jock itch and athletes foot. It comes in a small spray bottle. It smills like peppermint and it is cool on your skin. It dries to leave a faint white powder. It stops both athletes foot and jock itch dead in its tracks. It can be a bit exilerating on the balls at first but it is worth the few minutes of high tension. I am not bothered by your health related posts per se. I am bothered by how you insist on second guessing every doctor and very bit of conventional therapy for some whacky half assed shit. Ill bet if you dipped your frank and beans in boiling tempura oil, that would cure your itch! Give it a try! Or maybe let a wild inoshishi lick the effected area! That would work because inoshishi slaver is PH acidic! Yea! Great idea! Way to go Joe Blow, way to go.

Yes, sulfur powder is not conventional but it is actually curing my jock itch lol. It seems closed-minded to consider all unconventional methods for things as "whacky". Yes, some things are whacky, but after living in China for almost 5 years, I learned that some of these random herbal concoctions found in Chinese medicine often work wonders for various conditions.

If your doctor did not check where the infection was how can you also guarantee it’s not an STD? I’m not saying it is but wouldn’t he/she have to check to give you an answer?

Because I have had another doctor verify that it isn't an STD, but since I was at that particular clinic to get medicine for a previous infection of chlamydia at the time (I'm clean of that now), I was there to get antibiotics for that. I should have mentioned that before.

Yes, sulfur powder is not conventional but it is actually curing my jock itch lol. It seems closed-minded to consider all unconventional methods for things as "whacky". Yes, some things are whacky, but after living in China for almost 5 years, I learned that some of these random herbal concoctions found in Chinese medicine often work wonders for various conditions.
I noticed that you said 'curing' rather than 'cured'. That 800yen litlle spray bottle is a lifetime supply that cures it in one shot. Do yourself a favor. Some of the natural Chinese cures work well and in most cases have very few side effects compared to modern pharmaceuticals. Ginseng and garlic are two that come to mind. But ingesting dired and pulverized baby owls with the intent of improving eyesight is just stupid.

Reactions: BB0523

As Tim Minchin said, there is a term for alternative medicines that have been proven to work.

We call them, “medicine”.

Reactions: MikeH and warubuta
As Tim Minchin said, there is a term for alternative medicines that have been proven to work.

We call them, “medicine”.

Yes, I obviously know that. No need to be a prick about it.

You are all still closed minded in that you all find using all things not classified as "medicine" as whacky.

Sulfur powder works for jock itch, so I guess I can start calling it medicine.

Yes, I obviously know that. No need to be a prick about it.
Disagreeing with you doesn’t make someone a prick.

Calling someone a prick for disagreeing with you just might though.

Reactions: MikeH
I noticed that you said 'curing' rather than 'cured'. That 800yen litlle spray bottle is a lifetime supply that cures it in one shot. Do yourself a favor. Some of the natural Chinese cures work well and in most cases have very few side effects compared to modern pharmaceuticals. Ginseng and garlic are two that come to mind. But ingesting dired and pulverized baby owls with the intent of improving eyesight is just stupid.

Yes, I agree that some absurd Chinese superstitions made there way into the general sphere of Chinese medicine.

Disagreeing with you doesn’t make someone a prick.

Calling someone a prick for disagreeing with you just might though.

Actually, you were intentionally being condescending...which is prickish.

Actually, you were intentionally being condescending...which is prickish.

I don’t bother with condescension. If I want to be offensive I’m generally quite direct about it. Would have thought you’d have noticed that by now.

You might want to see where the MInchin quote came from ... it’s really a rather good spoken word piece.

Oh, and you’ll note I never said anything refuting sulfur being an effective remedy for skin conditions - that’s because it’s the active ingredient in a host of skin treatments, and at higher concentrations than you’re probably using, TJB.

I don’t bother with condescension. If I want to be offensive I’m generally quite direct about it. Would have thought you’d have noticed that by now.

You might want to see where the MInchin quote came from ... it’s really a rather good spoken word piece.

Alright, well I guess I am a prick sometimes. Well, it just seemed like you were assuming I didn't understand the definition of medicine...buta's thumbs up tells me he thought you were being insulting too lol.

Oh, and you’ll note I never said anything refuting sulfur being an effective remedy for skin conditions - that’s because it’s the active ingredient in a host of skin treatments, and at higher concentrations than you’re probably using, TJB.

You weren't really defending its usefulness either.

I'm trying to avoid using too high of concentrations due to how dry it makes my skin even in lower concentrations.

Alright, well I guess I am a prick sometimes. Well, it just seemed like you were assuming I didn't understand the definition of medicine...buta's thumbs up tells me he thought you were being insulting too lol.
Just because I give someone a thumbs up it doesn't necessarily mean it is because that person insulted you or someone else. It is likely though. But in any case, you should think for yourself, TJB. If you felt you were being insulted then dont let anyone convince you otherwise. Especially the guy hwo did the insulting in the first place.

Some Over The Counter medications for Athletes Foot are listed in this handbook put together by a clinic in Tokyo:

http://pctclinic.com/otc-handbook

The clinic has close down recently. So you may want to download the handbook soon.

Not sure if any of these can be applied to sensitive "jock itch" areas.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
But in any case, you should think for yourself, TJB. If you felt you were being insulted then dont let anyone convince you otherwise.

I thought that nowadays you should not feel insulted but hurt instead? Then you could demand safe places and trigger warnings to protect your beautiful and fragile soul.

I thought that nowadays you should not feel insulted but hurt instead? Then you could demand safe places and trigger warnings to protect your beautiful and fragile soul.

At least I have a soul.