Hotel Gracery Shinjuku - Visitor Friendly?

Patatas

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I’ve booked a stay at Hotel Gracery in Shinjuku. I’d like to invite a lady friend up to my room at some point. Does anyone know if I will be charged an additional fee if I have a visitor for an hour or two?

Also, I have a question about the bed in the room. I booked a room with a twin bed. Do you think a girl will be hesitant to engage in activities on a twin bed? I’m not a large man nor do I expect to engage in any kind of acrobatic movements. I just keep hearing Leon from Curb Your Enthusiasm in my head. “HOW YOU GONNA FUCK BITCHES IN A TWIN BED?!”

Gracery needs a key card for elevators. 7/11 right next to it is a good meeting spot. You can walk in together, honestly I prefer meeting people outside or meeting in the lobby over directly walking into room unless I already know the client. However others may have their own preference when meeting a client, some feel more comfortable going directly to the room. Until now none of my clients have been charged an extra fee, even when I visited smaller hotels.

I’ve been to a room for a single person in hotel Gracery and we also had a duo date (threesome) a few days later. Room for 1 person had a pretty small bed and I’m not sure how big twin beds are. Remember there’s always the corner of the bed where you can engage activities in ;) I’m sure you and your guest will be okay.

Last edited:
Basically what Simonka says. You need to pick up your date outside and go up together but you wont be stopped and charged an extra fee.

The bed being a deal breaker may depend on if she’s a paid date and if not on how much she really wants you. A bed size has never stopped me in my life although i have to say that i’d probably rather not do it on a futon.

If there are problems with your room, the glorious love hotel district directly faces your hotel so just head there.

A bed size has never stopped me in my life although i have to say that i’d probably rather not do it on a futon.
Oh come on.... You have to have the whole Japanese experience on a futon and get elbow and knee burns from a vigorous sex session! ;)

Oh come on.... You have to have the whole Japanese experience on a futon and get elbow and knee burns from a vigorous sex session! ;)

Friction burns are why shag carpet was popular in the seventies.

Reactions: impish
@this
All APA require a key card to access the guest floor so the safest way is meet a girl just outside of the entrance and walk in together.
Reception is usually right next to the elevator too.

Attachments

• CC41F2FD-30C9-4ACF-AE54-8619F135BD0F.jpeg
    CC41F2FD-30C9-4ACF-AE54-8619F135BD0F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
All APA require a key card to access the guest floor so the safest way is meet a girl just outside of the entrance and walk in together.

I don't think that's stopping anyone around the APA hotels in the Kabukicho area (I think there are like 3 of them?!).

I’ve been to a room for a single person in hotel Gracery and we also had a duo date (threesome) a few days later. Room for 1 person had a pretty small bed and I’m not sure how big twin beds are. Remember there’s always the corner of the bed where you can engage activities in ;) I’m sure you and your guest will be okay.

You know, Gracery's bathrooms are pretty big. Why not have some fun there instead :p

@this
This is not entirely correct. At least one of the APA in Akasaka doesn’t require key cards. I think there are others too.

This is not entirely correct. At least one of the APA in Akasaka doesn’t require key cards. I think there are others too.
That's correct, a few APA locations like Akasaka have an open elevator space. There's one in Asakusa as well that doesn't require the keys either.
It varies...

Reactions: Simonka
That's correct, a few APA locations like Akasaka have an open elevator space. There's one in Asakusa as well that doesn't require the keys either.
It varies...

Roppongi itchome doesn't need key card for the elevator, Sugamo does need and the elevators are in front of the reception desk too.

Reactions: TAG Manager
I am sorry for the false info.
it's not false info; the hotel chain just doesn't have the same entry system at each location. It's hard to know each one unless you've physically been there. No worries. :)

I actually have a small scar on my knee from slipping off the futon and getting a tatami burn.
I gotta agree with Alice, it's maybe something I wouldn't want to repeat?

Yep, actually I have created this memory game; APA - ANA - AKAsaka - doesn’t require keycard :p

I guess we might need a list like the Yoshiwara for hotel and visitor friendiness?! Seeing quite a few similar questions these days.

Reactions: bichan2
As for Gracery Shinjuku, anyone can go to the cafe on the 8th floor, next to the reception area, from which you can walk out to the balcony right under the Godzilla head.

https://deriheruhotel.com/hotel/index/tokyo/shinjuku/12674/

35 successful reports of getting girls into the Gracery
Only 3 of being stopped. Last time back in 2015.

Latest report from Dec 1. Rough translation
"Met in front of 7/11 on 1st floor. Changed elevators at the 8th floor (Reception). You need to meet the person outside because the elevators have card key security. The 8th floor lobby is not large, and the front desk is right in front of you, so I think it is easier to meet on the 1st floor"

Last edited:
It varies...
My impression is when they build new, then they all have card key security, but when they have taken over an older hotel and rebranded it, then the original system is often left in place.
Keikyu Inn in Shinagawa is like this.

A lot of regular hotels where had free access to guest floors before changed their policy, especially in the last one year.
Prince Sakura, royal park, cerulean Tower, I heard Grand Hyatt now requires keycard, too. Sigh.

Yes. I've been there numerous times, met my clients on 8th floor by the elevator. The higher stories have more bigger rooms with double beds.
rregular rooms are pretty small but it's a visitor friendly hotel. I like the fact that you can use a toilette on 8th floor, just to stop by...on the ground floor toilette, they require coins from the used restaurants.