How much do you spend on P4P relative to your monthly income?

nnnniko

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I'm new in Tokyo (less than a year). I had my first P4P experience last October.

Ever since then, I'm always looking forward to trying new shops/girls, to the point I think I might be addicted. I don't mind investing time/energy, but I'm curious if I'm spending too much or too little as someone who just found his new hobby.

I'd appreciate if someone can share your experience here. Thank you!

For me, I spend around 10-15% of my gross salary in P4P monthly. On the other hand, my rent is about 23% of my gross salary.

I have been struggling with this for a bit now, but I think I’ve got it down.

When I first joined TAG my salary was shit, and for budgeting purposes I still do have the spreadsheet and will share here how I worked it out:

Salary in 2019: ¥254,000 a month
Rent: ¥66,500
Food: ¥40,000
Gas/Light/Water: ¥20,000
Phone: ¥8,900
Tax Savings and Nenkin: ¥40,000
Investing: ¥30,000

It left me with a miserable ¥40,000ish to essentially gamble on eating out, clothes, tools, doctors visits, and fuzoku.

In that light, 2-4 BBJs at Jan Jan Sugamo was my limit, or one soapland per month max. Imagine how shitty it’d feel if the soap experience sucked, too.

Of course, there was always some left over from other budgeted (especially food cause I do enjoy cooking), so sometimes I’d splurge it.

Once you break 300k provided you don’t improve your standard of life the amount of fuzoku you do can compound. I still live in my pig sty from 2019, and right now I can visit the soap and DH between 3-6 times a month and pretty much go get a BBBJ anytime I want. That, and if you practice investing money and get dividends more options can come, too.

It may also not be a bad idea to invest in an SB like many TAG users here if you are worried about money, but I am not an expert at this per se, so perhaps someone else here will be more useful.

As always percentages do not really make much sense here. If you are just barely making ends meet any percentage is too much, if you are living comfortably, putting money aside for pension and future purchases you can pretty much blow the rest of it away regardless how much it is compared to your salary.

But you know it is too much when you start thinking that those card loans sound like a good idea, or you need to live eating cup ramen every day.

It may also not be a bad idea to invest in an SB like many TAG users here if you are worried about money, but I am not an expert at this per se, so perhaps someone else here will be more useful.

It’s an exceedingly low return on investment, especially if you’re calculating that by # of pops vs money spent Moreso if you’re actually going on dates and paying for love hotels. And it only gets worse if you factor in the time and money spent on all the duds you need to get through to find someone you actually like (and who doesn’t hate you) and who isn’t garbage at sex (assuming that, like me, those things are valuable to you).

But you know it is too much when you start thinking that those card loans sound like a good idea, or you need to live eating cup ramen every day.

Thank you for your answers.
I live quite comfortably now, but I never really count my expenditures.
In these 9 months, I still save around 40% of my total salary after all expenses including p4p. Also looking forward to bonus payment this month!
I guess I can afford to spend more on this hobby.

I'm not sure if I'm into SB for now since I'm still in my 20s. Totally do not look like sugar daddies haha.

Reactions: Hughty
I can't say about percentage but in raw numbers I spend around 40,000 to 60,000 yen per month

Reactions: zavala
I have been struggling with this for a bit now, but I think I’ve got it down.

When I first joined TAG my salary was shit, and for budgeting purposes I still do have the spreadsheet and will share here how I worked it out:

Salary in 2019: ¥254,000 a month
Rent: ¥66,500
Food: ¥40,000
Gas/Light/Water: ¥20,000
Phone: ¥8,900
Tax Savings and Nenkin: ¥40,000
Investing: ¥30,000

It left me with a miserable ¥40,000ish to essentially gamble on eating out, clothes, tools, doctors visits, and fuzoku.

In that light, 2-4 BBJs at Jan Jan Sugamo was my limit, or one soapland per month max. Imagine how shitty it’d feel if the soap experience sucked, too.

Of course, there was always some left over from other budgeted (especially food cause I do enjoy cooking), so sometimes I’d splurge it.

Once you break 300k provided you don’t improve your standard of life the amount of fuzoku you do can compound. I still live in my pig sty from 2019, and right now I can visit the soap and DH between 3-6 times a month and pretty much go get a BBBJ anytime I want. That, and if you practice investing money and get dividends more options can come, too.

Damn, rent really bites off a good chunk of your salary when you live in Tokyo. For comparison, I live in Tohoku area, and my rent is about half that (company-built apartment, but it's nice).

Reactions: Requiemmorrow
Well if you are living in Tohoku you may save that chunk of your salary but another chunk is probably not getting an equivalent amount of attention… :D

Damn, rent really bites off a good chunk of your salary when you live in Tokyo. For comparison, I live in Tohoku area, and my rent is about half that (company-built apartment, but it's nice).
When I lived in Shiga my rent was ¥32,000 a month for a 1LDK with gas included. It was actually quite spacious, and right out my bedroom window was a view of a misty mountain. It was literally the perfect place to live.

However, Shiga girls don’t like brown dicks, the international food culture is practically nil (they didn’t even have famous pizza chains), and trains to the city were outrageously expensive. That and a pink salon which charged me ¥15,000 for 30 minutes, I still think the cost of my place is worth the hassle.

Well if you are living in Tohoku you may save that chunk of your salary but another chunk is probably not getting an equivalent amount of attention… :D

For the amount I save in rent (compared to Tokyo) I can make a monthly weekend trip to Tokyo and take care of the other chunk, too :D The math is probably slightly off but that's the general idea

Reactions: CharlieSimms
I would say in my opinion that how you describe the way you manage your money seems pretty wise to me.

You keep it (kept it) to what you can (could) afford in a certain situation/time, proportional to your income. Requiemmorrow I think got it right too.

Sex like alcohol, drugs, gaming, gambling, etc (the list is long), can be an addiction. I guess as described above you should not worry about how much you spend for as long as you keep on thinking about your everyday's life expenses first, your future, etc.

If you wake up one day finding yourself at 10.30pm withdrawing money out of a Konbini ATM, half-drunk just to go the local and cheapest soap-land or pink salon to satisfy an urge, when you actually have absolutely no money left to pay your bills, I guess this will be called trouble.

As for SB, I would stay away from that (that's my modest opinion). Especially if you're trying to control your spendings. You're diving into a sort of grey zone where the money is one of the main key to your "relationship". They are enough chances already that this might happen to some level in a non SB relationship here in Japan so if you can, once more, stay away from that.