Guest viewing is limited

How To Get Great Price On Ticket.. From Ohio To Tokyo Japan??

mikeinthecountry344

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey i'm coming in a month or two..

staying a few months or longer if I love it...

looked up tickets on Expedia.. seemed most were about 2000 for round trip...

any ways / strategies to get a cheaper ticket? thanks mike

I"m in Dayton Ohio .. by Cincinnatti.

Good question.

Wrestling with airfare prices is not my specialty, but I have had some luck in the past. It really all depends on several factors such as the remaining seats on said airplane, the season, sometimes buying earlier is better, sometimes buying closer to the time you want leave is cheaper.

If you have the patience then I guess you can just plug and play on sites like Expedis until you get lucky..

On the other hand, I think a much quicker solution would be to try booking through a japanese travel agency. I have used IACE and gotten a good deal, but they are only one among a few. No.1 travel is also a good. Many of these agencies offer pretty good discount tickets based on what city you are flying from.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cinnabums
Join American airlines Program. Get two credit cards and you should get to the 160,000 miles for a free RT, sleeper Class or 80,000 for coach.

I don't know the exact science behind it all, but I do know that timing plays a big part in it. When I was looking at tickets out of Pittsburgh last August, roundtrip on AA was $890. By Labor day weekend when I purchased my ticket, it was up to $1300. Boy did I regret waiting.

Reactions: Jimmydr
H.I.S. Japanese travel company with offices in the US. Best deals ever.

Reactions: Jimmydr
I just saw your other thread. I think you'll do better in Thailand or the PI. Japan, not so much.

Cheapoair and Skyscanner are smartphone applications that are very convenient. There is Google Flights now too.

Usually much cheaper and more convenient for foreigners to book flights this way than H.I.S. For various reasons, the dollar price of flights can still be cheaper than the quoted yen prices. It's easy to compare and see the difference. Sometimes going directly to an Airlines website can give cheaper prices, like AirAsia or Korean Air.