Guest viewing is limited

How to get privileges

BTR1

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey hey it’s my first time ever posting but I was just curious how I could respond to forums! Thank you so much guys!

I still get this message: You have insufficient privileges to reply here. If you could help explain why I still can’t reply to others yet. Thank you

Aah okay thank you. If there is a way to close the forum you may.

In Seeking Partners forum? Noone can reply there.
Yes, you need to send those people a private message. People carelessly post private info there, so we had to cut replies off and force it to private messages.

Yes, you need to send those people a private message. People carelessly post private info there, so we had to cut replies off and force it to private messages.

I am a bit confused also about private message privilege.

I can PM some but not most.

Couldn't find a clue yet about that.

Reactions: Alice

It is possible to prevent people from PMing you.

Reactions: TAG Manager

Private messages are not enabled by default. (this was a recent change earlier this year [2023])
This intended to prevent spam and unwanted messages from being sent.
If you can't message someone, then they've either never turned it on or disabled it themselves.
You can set it to all messages, no messages or people you follow - that gives persons you follow the permission to message you.

Reactions: kirayamato
Private messages are not enabled by default. (this was a recent change earlier this year [2023])
This intended to prevent spam and unwanted messages from being sent.
If you can't message someone, then they've either never turned it on or disabled it themselves.
You can set it to all messages, no messages or people you follow - that gives persons you follow the permission to message you.
https://tokyoadultguide.com/account/privacy
Ok got it.
I somehow remember "Member only" is the default and assume everyone can message everyone as long they are members.
I guess some members have more restricted setting on their privacy.
It is possible to prevent people from PMing you.
lol yeah, I was confused that people in the "Seeking Partners" forum would limit the mean of communication since we can't reply to the thread.

lol yeah, I was confused that people in the "Seeking Partners" forum would limit the mean of communication since we can't reply to the thread.
Instructions are provided to new members on how to enable the messages.
I guess some members have more restricted setting on their privacy.
Lot of people lock it down when they join... why? I don't know. We warn people not to use names or anything that could be traced back to a RL identity.
But then we get people joining with their legit company email addresses and that's a big fat NO from our own risk department. :LOL:
And the same reason why we don't allow people to use their email address as any part of their public member name... etc. etc.

• Haha
Reactions: kirayamato
Thought I was going crazy because I couldn't figure out how to message a guy about his Seeking post. Spent too long to finally realize it's not on me. I would have hoped me liking his post and following him would be enough of a hint.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
Thought I was going crazy because I couldn't figure out how to message a guy about his Seeking post. Spent too long to finally realize it's not on me. I would have hoped me liking his post and following him would be enough of a hint.
There is a maintenance window tomorrow where some adjustments are being put in to make it more obvious since nobody seems to read the warnings.

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Reactions: ThaWeeknd and Alice