Guest viewing is limited

How to renew a gym membership ?

redditfan

TAG Member
Reaction score
The title is pretty self explanatory, I subscribed to a membership at Anytime Fitness, but the staff doesn't speak English at all and I can't talk Japanese. I have absolutely no clue where/when/how to pay my membership for the upcoming month, and I usually workout before the staff comes in. Can anyone please enlighten me ? 🙏

The title is pretty self explanatory, I subscribed to a membership at Anytime Fitness, but the staff doesn't speak English at all and I can't talk Japanese. I have absolutely no clue where/when/how to pay my membership for the upcoming month, and I usually workout before the staff comes in. Can anyone please enlighten me ? 🙏
I thought anytime stopped accepting cash a while back and its cc or bank transfer only now? If so its just gonna be paid automatically

I thought anytime stopped accepting cash a while back and its cc or bank transfer only now? If so its just gonna be paid automatically
I guess ? But since everything is in Japanese, and I can't find shit on the internet, I am a bit worried my key won't work one day and I'll just have to wait and see with the staff. I kinda want to avoid that situation. I guess their system doesn't differ a lot from the US, but as far as I know every gym in France (where I'm from) automatically takes your fee every month until you revoke your membership. I have not seen anyone pay manually, thus I'm a bit confused. Sorry if it's the most trivial thing ever 😅
Thank you for your answer tho !

if they scanned/swipped your credit card (i assume it's the one you used, since 6mos is not enough to get a JP bank card) then it'll be auto deducted .. unless there is an error, like your bank declined the charge.

if they lock you out .. just go there during staff hours to sort things out

Reactions: redditfan and Alice
I have a gym membership with Oasis. I tried using my American bank account but they said the automatic monthly payments couldn't work, so I had to use my japanese bank account. The staff should be able to help you. I recommend you talk with them by using google translate in person rather on the phone.