Guest viewing is limited

I am close to getting out I am in the American Military AAMA

Is it true that y'all have Popeye's on base?

Asking for a friend..

I'm pretty sure they are on all the Air Force and Army bases in Japan and Korea. Not sure about the Navy and Marine Corps bases as they have a different organization that contracts their food concessions.

Camp Zama, Yokota and Misawa have Popeyes's for sure.

@MissInsomnia

Now that we told you where to score Popeyes's chicken, you have to tell us where we can find Peruvian style BBQ Chicken in Japan or the Far East.

Peruvian style chicken is insanely popular in parts of the USA and I have yet to find anything like it since I've been in Thailand.

I'm pretty sure they are on all the Air Force and Army bases in Japan and Korea. Not sure about the Navy and Marine Corps bases as they have a different organization that contracts their food concessions.

Camp Zama, Yokota and Misawa have Popeyes's for sure.

@MissInsomnia

Now that we told you where to score Popeyes's chicken, you have to tell us where we can find Peruvian style BBQ Chicken in Japan or the Far East.

Peruvian style chicken is insanely popular in parts of the USA and I have yet to find anything like it since I've been in Thailand.

I was just joking.. haha.. but thank you anyway. I didn't know there were that many bases.

You're either talking about "pollo a la brasa" (rotisserie chicken) or "anticuchos" (BBQ meat on sticks). Honestly, I think Tokyo is an awful place to find authentic Peruvian food, especially those two dishes. You have to go to Gunma prefecture since its Latino (Peruvian/Brazilian) community is much larger there. I recommend Ayllu's in Ota-shi :)

---

By the way, @RightOn6975 .. I'm sorry for derailing your thread! :unsure: I'll get back on topic.

Hm.. what happens to the uniforms when people leave the military? Do you guys get to keep them or is it not allowed?

I was just joking.. haha.. but thank you anyway. I didn't know there were that many bases.

You're either talking about "pollo a la brasa" (rotisserie chicken) or "anticuchos" (BBQ meat on sticks). Honestly, I think Tokyo is an awful place to find authentic Peruvian food, especially those two dishes. You have to go to Gunma prefecture since its Latino (Peruvian/Brazilian) community is much larger there. I recommend Ayllu's in Ota-shi :)

---

By the way, @RightOn6975 .. I'm sorry for derailing your thread! :unsure: I'll get back on topic.

Hm.. what happens to the uniforms when people leave the military? Do you guys get to keep them or is it not allowed?

Of course I get to keep them, I bought them after all LOL.

*sigh*

I regret posting the Popeye's comment lol

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE

giphy.gif

you have to tell us where we can find Peruvian style BBQ Chicken in Japan or the Far East.

And Peruvian style Ceviche. I once had it from a stall on a beach in Lima. It was so hot, so good! So I order it whenever I see it on a menu here in Japan - and I'm always disappointed: bland, boring, not hot at all. Can you get real Ceviche somewhere here?

And Peruvian style Ceviche. I once had it from a stall on a beach in Lima. It was so hot, so good! So I order it whenever I see it on a menu here in Japan - and I'm always disappointed: bland, boring, not hot at all. Can you get real Ceviche somewhere here?

I've never seen any authentic South American or Central American food in Asia, especially in Japan.

I got hooked on Peruvian style BBQ chicken while living in Northern Virginia. Actually, the Peruvian chicken shacks were mostly run by Guatemalan families. I don't understand why the marketed their chicken as Peruvian, but either way it put KFC, Popeyes and Kenny Rodgers chicken to shame.

It wasn't rotisserie chicken like @MissInsomnia said. It was steamed and then cooked in a charcoal oven for a few minutes to make it crisp and juicy. They spiced it with garlic, black pepper and salt.

Man oh man... I rarely get homesick for the USA, but I just made myself homesick for Peruvian chicken made by Guatemalans in Virginia.