Guest viewing is limited

I love Kobe Beef!

jbt10

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first time in Japan. Will be in Osaka for 5 days or so then headed to Shinjuku. Im most excited about eating haha. I do want to try get some massages as well tho. But mainly I want good Kobe beef. Was hoping I could get some suggestions of your guys favorite places!

Kobe beef is just one type of wagyu. My suggestion is that you don’t limit yourself to just Kobe beef while in Japan. Try other types of Japanese wagyu too if you haven’t already before. 😋

Reactions: mit2UM
my friends also recommended matsusaka and miyazaki.

I have peasant taste bud so I dont really have recommendation.

Kobe beef is just one type of wagyu. My suggestion is that you don’t limit yourself to just Kobe beef while in Japan. Try other types of Japanese wagyu too if you haven’t already before. 😋
i do understand that kobe beef is just from kobe. its supposed to be the best but im from the US so don’t really get the real deal. I have tried wagyu and kobe but most times is a let down. figured i get my fill while im here!

my friends also recommended matsusaka and miyazaki.

I have peasant taste bud so I dont really have recommendation.
cool, thanks. does that mean you cant tell the diff or dont really like wagyu? haha

Olive wagyu (Shodoshima wagyu) is supposed to be a religious experience in how good it tastes. If you can find it and if budget is not an issue, that's the one I'd personally recommend.

You know that abroad in Japan youtuber guy? He did a video where he got some fancy Kobe wagyu some years ago and I just copied him and went to the same place back in 2019.

I am no expert of wagyu, but I mean it was delicious and a nice experience watching them cook it in front of you... and well it is Kobe beef so it matches this thread - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kobe-+Wakkoqu/@34.6980326,135.1916258,14z/data=!3m1!5s0x60008ee6cd0d1985:0x63144acecaf57213!4m6!3m5!1s0x60008ee6cd75bb21:0x72e454ee5d2d1306!8m2!3d34.6980326!4d135.1916258!16s/g/1tf3nsdh?entry=ttu

oh, heres the video -

Olive wagyu (Shodoshima wagyu) is supposed to be a religious experience in how good it tastes. If you can find it and if budget is not an issue, that's the one I'd personally recommend.
sounds like it could be amazing and pricey. but i will look into that. thanks!

You know that abroad in Japan youtuber guy? He did a video where he got some fancy Kobe wagyu some years ago and I just copied him and went to the same place back in 2019.

I am no expert of wagyu, but I mean it was delicious and a nice experience watching them cook it in front of you... and well it is Kobe beef so it matches this thread - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kobe-+Wakkoqu/@34.6980326,135.1916258,14z/data=!3m1!5s0x60008ee6cd0d1985:0x63144acecaf57213!4m6!3m5!1s0x60008ee6cd75bb21:0x72e454ee5d2d1306!8m2!3d34.6980326!4d135.1916258!16s/g/1tf3nsdh?entry=ttu

oh, heres the video -

haha good idea, ive been looking at some youtube vids. lots of old vids and new ones. but thats where i was getting most of my ideas from. thanks for the suggestion and link!

cool, thanks. does that mean you cant tell the diff or dont really like wagyu? haha
tried wagyu few times, I cant tell the differences between rank.

if you put kobe, matsusaka and other, I wont be able to tell which one which.

I cant even tell difference between australian beef or other country.

tried wagyu few times, I cant tell the differences between rank.

if you put kobe, matsusaka and other, I wont be able to tell which one which.

I cant even tell difference between australian beef or other country.
haha thats a good problem to have in a way. not picky and dnt need the expensive stuff to enjoy it