I Miss Japan!

1Sept1962

TAG Member
Reaction score
Howdy all, it's been a while ...

I was just reading the "Addicted to Mongering" thread, and someone mentioned how expensive it is there and everything.

I have to tell you: you guys have it so good there. Just ... so good. I mean, you can get a freaking BBBJ for $30 any time, day or night. You don't even have to speak Japanese (though of course, it being Japan, it definitely helps)! If you go to Osaka, you can go to Tobita and for 10,000 yen and up you can have a pretty fun time in a really cool place (I loved Osaka). You have so many options ... soaplands, pinsaros, deriheru, just so much. You can get up from your desk at lunchtime, buzz over to Sugamo or Otsuka or Okachimachi or Gotanda and have yourself an experience and be back in an hour or an hour and a half. That is just ... so awesome.

I got relocated by my job. And where I am now? Forget it. I hear that there is some action out there, but it's nearly impossible to find. If you do find it, it will cost you in the $300-400 range just to get laid. No BBBJs here. Seriously. It's just ... hell for mongers. I also hear you can go to other countries in the area and there's action to be had - but in those countries it's $500 and up, all the time.

I miss Japan. It was such fun, such great variety, and so cheap. I know it isn't Manila or Bangkok, but - comparatively speaking?

So, so, so great.

Enjoy, my friends. Thanks so much for all the great advice and good reviews and good information. You made such a big difference in my time in Japan, I really appreciate it.

And for God's sake, if someone offers you a job in the Persian Gulf - say no.