Immigration bust at Philippine Pub

MongerInAStrLnd

Unicorn Wrangler
Reaction score
A club at my local station got busted this weekend. Owner, his filipina wife, mamasan and floor manager got arrested as well as 2 girls working there without proper visas. I've never been in this particular club but I'm a regular at another in the same building and privy to a bit of the gossip. Apparently the incident is serious enough for the building owner to ask around to owners of other clubs in the building if they'd be interested in taking over the lease.

Since this made the national news I might expect some additional checks at kyabas/etc. employing foreign girls for a while.

This news focuses on the illegal marriage, they don’t seem to be focused on the illegal working. The video you linked doesn’t mention anything about the working visa, it’s about the sham marriage to get the visa instead. Since they have 20 girls at their club, I think there’s more than 2. :)

The info about the employment situation came from the girls and the mamasan at the shop downstairs (I was there later that night and these women have a spy network that is second to none). The Edogawa-ku shop run by the guy is in Nishi-Kasai and called Mariposa. He has a second shop elsewhere but I don't know the name.

At least at the downstairs shop most of the girls are permanent residents or halfs (my regular is a culturally filipina half for whom japanese is a third or fourth language). They had one eastern european girl (already left Japan) who I suspect was working on a student visa illegally but I have no proof of that.

Last edited: