Guest viewing is limited

In Japan, how much can be earned by doing a part time job one month?

sunshine2k5

TAG Member
Reaction score
Recently I am using Sugardaddy.jp.
I notice many girls write their job is part-time jobアルバイト.
I'm curious, how much money can a young girl earn in a month's part-time job in Japan? Suppose it is normal work, not sexy work.
Thank you!

Anything between one and two thousand yens per hour would be considered normal.

Students are not allowed to work more than 27 hours per week.

Reactions: sunshine2k5
It seems that do part-time job in Japan also can make a lot of money....
Konbini is around 1000 yen per hour. Skilled waitress can make between 1500-2500 yen per hour. Considering tipping is not required in Japan the jikyuu is pretty much fixed.
It’s not a bad income for students I guess. However married women sometimes have to resort to working a few arubatio at the same time because of gender discrimination. (They’re not the top choice of employers because of Japanese ojisan office politics) The payroll sum is not very different than an office lady if they work a few jobs at the same time but benefits are not provided.

Japan is not a profitable country for most western women, but for women like me who come from financially struggling countries it’s not as bad. If I was American, or Western European I wouldn’t see the point of living here tbh.

Last edited:
It seems that do part-time job in Japan also can make a lot of money....
Well if the « アルバイト » is in fact hostessing , yes, they can make a lot of money with that (if they are really good at it and work at a high-end hostess club)

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
Well if the « アルバイト » is in fact hostessing , yes, they can make a lot of money with that (if they are really good at it and work at a high-end hostess club)

The Japanese branch manager at the first big national chain eikaiwa I worked at used to moonlight as a hostess after her shift was over. I was told by other Japanese staff that she was not only the #1 ranked branch manager in that region of Japan in terms of new sales (she could seriously talk idiots into buying dogshit sandwiches and they'd thank her for it) which would've made her a pretty decent salary once bonuses were factored in, but I was also told that she made far more money from her night time hostessing gig. I guess she kept the branch manager gig to maintain the image of an upstanding, respectable and hardworking office lady.

She was late 20s and tiny and cutesy, as they tend to be. The white male teachers thought she was sexy as shit, but that's because they couldn't see through the act. She was a cold, cunning, conniving bitch that would've sold any one of us down the river for ten bucks. I used to watch her gleefully saddle poor housewives with lesson packages I know they couldn't afford, and listen to her promising stunted, ugly, creepy 36yo douchebag male virgins into thinking if they bought the upgrade package they'd learn so much English that white women would be tripping over themselves to suck their dicks once they finally grew the balls to visit Los Angeles.

And I don't blame her for a second. In the words of Michael Corleone: "It's not personal. It's business."

Reactions: Frenchy
The Japanese branch manager at the first big national chain eikaiwa I worked at used to moonlight as a hostess after her shift was over. I was told by other Japanese staff that she was not only the #1 ranked branch manager in that region of Japan in terms of new sales (she could seriously talk idiots into buying dogshit sandwiches and they'd thank her for it) which would've made her a pretty decent salary once bonuses were factored in, but I was also told that she made far more money from her night time hostessing gig. I guess she kept the branch manager gig to maintain the image of an upstanding, respectable and hardworking office lady.

She was late 20s and tiny and cutesy, as they tend to be. The white male teachers thought she was sexy as shit, but that's because they couldn't see through the act. She was a cold, cunning, conniving bitch that would've sold any one of us down the river for ten bucks. I used to watch her gleefully saddle poor housewives with lesson packages I know they couldn't afford, and listen to her promising stunted, ugly, creepy 36yo douchebag male virgins into thinking if they bought the upgrade package they'd learn so much English that white women would be tripping over themselves to suck their dicks once they finally grew the balls to visit Los Angeles.

And I don't blame her for a second. In the words of Michael Corleone: "It's not personal. It's business."

i would hire her

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
As others have said, there are a lot of variables that affect this. I’m going to share data points that I have heard from various people on the site you mentioned and other sites or services. This is all anecdotal and I don’t necessarily know all of the background (including whether this is pre or post tax, although I would expect that that doesn’t make a huge difference at this level of earnings).

Many of the college students working regular shifts at café’s, restaurants or izakayas have told me they get between 70-110K per month. (With COVID, of course, most of them have seen their shifts cut.) Presumably that’s for someone who is working close to all the hours they can while still being a full time student (if you assume 1,500 yen per hour, which is actually very high for an arubaito, 90K comes out to 60 hours a month, or 15 hours a week for a 4 week month).

Presumably if you were not a full time student, you could earn some multiple of that.

Yeah, that is cold and cruel. I have personally never met an eikaiwa teacher worth half that much.
Damn those minimum wage laws that make sure we pay pretty close to that ten bucks.

Reactions: MikeH
Yeah, that is cold and cruel. I have personally never met an eikaiwa teacher worth half that much.

That's very true. If you do the math, my first eikaiwa McJob was paying me somewhere in the ballpark of 1,700/hour, and that's before I got raped on taxes and the "affordable" company 1k apartment they charged me over double the market rate for. My take-home pay was probably less than a stateside McDonald's cashier makes. Of course, leave me to my own devices and I soon talked/weaseled my way into a position teaching at a prestigious public institution that paid me significantly more than the eikaiwa plus benefits.

Go figure. At the private eikaiwa, I was earning dogshit to bust my ass "teaching" miserable assholes for 8 hours a day and be treated like shit by both students and management. At the prestigious government-funded institution, however, I got paid over double that to essentially sleep in my office for half the day and spend the other half either wandering around campus admiring my Uniqlo wardrobe choice, watching the girl's P.E. class exercising or sitting at the front of a classroom tapping my pen on the table and staring up the skirts of 17yo girls while I pretended to grade papers.

Asshole conservatives often argue that big government exists to babysit lazy, useless assholes. One might argue that I prove their point. I say, those assholes are just jealous and through sheer hard work I landed a job befitting someone of my virtue, character and integrity.

Reactions: Enoki and Sudsy
Recently I am using Sugardaddy.jp.
I notice many girls write their job is part-time jobアルバイト.
I'm curious, how much money can a young girl earn in a month's part-time job in Japan? Suppose it is normal work, not sexy work.
Thank you!

Please don’t take this the wrong way but why are you using a Japanese based SD site when you arent physically in Japan at the moment? Obviously I don’t know if you are reaching out to the girls and if you do that’s really inconsiderate as they are likely looking for someone who is here and able to meet and not just chatting/maybe dragging on long conversations without anything coming out of it in the end.

Reactions: just4fun and Sudsy
Please don’t take this the wrong way but why are you using a Japanese based SD site when you arent physically in Japan at the moment? Obviously I don’t know if you are reaching out to the girls and if you do that’s really inconsiderate as they are likely looking for someone who is here and able to meet and not just chatting/maybe dragging on long conversations without anything coming out of it in the end.
Hi Anna,
Thank you for your concern, but please don't think too much. What you worry about will not happen.
If we have a chance to meet in the future, I will tell you why I use this JP site if you are interested⁽⁽ଘ( Ծ‿< )ଓ⁾⁾

Last edited: