Information Regarding Virus Regulations and Restrictions.

RuggerRed

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

forgive my lack of knowledge into this, it has been several years since I have used any services (before COVID), and I am looking to start using on occasion again. I was curious as to how the foreigner-friendly soapland scene has changed since the pandemic began and whether or not they still take foreign customers in general. If it is the case that several still do, what are the general regulations regarding this? Is it simply standard temperature checks and masking before meeting with the provider?

A further questions that I have regards the monitoring/tracking app that must be installed after arrival in Japan. I know that this is active for the initial two weeks for the quarantining period (which I am definitely going to obey) but there is not a risk of still tracking after that period, correct? I do not really want to be tracked going to a pleasure district later on during my residence.

Thank you in advance for any information!

A further questions that I have regards the monitoring/tracking app that must be installed after arrival in Japan. I know that this is active for the initial two weeks for the quarantining period (which I am definitely going to obey) but there is not a risk of still tracking after that period, correct? I do not really want to be tracked going to a pleasure district later on during my residence.
After the two weeks (or however long it's required), you delete the apps, it's over.
Nobody cares about your visits to red light/pleasure areas. (Seriously, nobody cares...)

I was curious as to how the foreigner-friendly soapland scene has changed since the pandemic began and whether or not they still take foreign customers in general. If it is the case that several still do, what are the general regulations regarding this? Is it simply standard temperature checks and masking before meeting with the provider?
It varies from shop to shop, there's no hard fast rule in place where we can just give a blanket answer.
1) Can you get service as a foreigner: Yes.
2) Do they have mask/temp check policies: Depends on the shop.
3) Read the reviews posted here; will give you some ideas of current experiences.