Guest viewing is limited

Insights given to me by a SB I met on SA while in Tokyo years ago...

DJProfessorK

TAG Member
Reaction score
My job finally sponsored my business VISA and I'm heading back to Tokyo in two weeks, I told them not to bother because I don't need them to do it now, but what are you gonna do? I reached out to an old and reliable connect who is now back in the states running a restaurant in LA. She speaks fluent Japanese, so I asked her if she knew of any chill women who were easy to deal with and were down for some low stress dates.

Here is what she told me. Don't jump the messenger, I'm just relaying her insights, take them for what you will:
-Nigerian hostess club owners in Kabukicho will tell you whatever you need to hear in order to get you into their club. But if you pay enough, they'll find you a date.
-Club owners are actively telling tourists that hostess clubs are strip clubs in order to get them in the door, only to overcharge them while they're there. Hoping to make some cash before the tourists wise up and leave.
-However, if the tourist was insistent on finding a girl to take back to his hotel, they had Chinese girls on call for that specific reason.
-For SW'ers, Kabukicho and Shinjuku are fine. She said ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM ALL SW'S in Roppongi. She was adamant about that, saying that Roppongi SW's are more likely to drug you and steal your money.
-Chinese and Nigerian gangs run SW's for foreigners in Japan.
-American's seem to have intentionally limited options by default.
-Japanese women who are REAL SB's typically only want to make long term arrangements with other Japanese men.
-'I wouldn't trust any foreigner in Japan who is involved in SW. Most come from 3rd world backgrounds, so they are hungry.'

Like I said, these are her insights and she's never given me a reason to distrust her. She herself was a hostess for a while and that's what got her into the scene. She got into a few hairy situations, Japanese officials almost entirely reluctant to help, and she decided that it wasn't worth it and left the country. She lived in Japan for over 4 years. Again, her accounts are anecdotal, but I trust her.

Just an FYI for a few guys out there who might be looking for some insights as I am.

Reactions: ulss
-Chinese and Nigerian gangs run SW's for foreigners in Japan.
Partially true, but a very small fraction and limited to certain areas.

-Nigerian hostess club owners in Kabukicho will tell you whatever you need to hear in order to get you into their club. But if you pay enough, they'll find you a date.
-Club owners are actively telling tourists that hostess clubs are strip clubs in order to get them in the door, only to overcharge them while they're there. Hoping to make some cash before the tourists wise up and leave.
Nothing new - which is why we have such strong warnings to avoid touts on the street, AT ALL TIMES.

-American's seem to have intentionally limited options by default.
lol. no. Foreigners in general limit themselves due to language barriers... not specific to Americans, not in the least. Americans and other 1st world types are preferred clients when compared to other 2nd or 3rd tier countries.

-'I wouldn't trust any foreigner in Japan who is involved in SW. Most come from 3rd world backgrounds, so they are hungry.'
Partial truth. But these are easy to spot... and avoid.

She said ABSOLUTELY STAY AWAY FROM ALL SW'S in Roppongi. She was adamant about that, saying that Roppongi SW's are more likely to drug you and steal your money.
It's the Roppongi bar girls that do this; there aren't that many actual SW's in Roppongi, it's nearly a dead town these days. Just stick with reputable bars and watch your back (and your drink). But here again, we've warned about this tactic for quite some time.

she decided that it wasn't worth it and left the country
Sounds like she was forced out of the country because she crossed someone. Most of the time, they leave the city, but she must have pissed off someone in a place of power that made her feel like she had to leave the country.

I've been embedded in this industry for about 14 years in total now and I've seen enough shit that I'm pretty numb to it now. There are enough safe options out there to avoid a lot of what's said here, but there's still a large percentage that will never read or heed the warnings.

Any idea where I can find those place owned by Chinese ?
Ikebukuro is the most notorious Chinatown in Tokyo.

Don’t have any particular knowledge about shops.

Chinese Massage places are basically all over, also in the quiet neighborhoods and at some you can get a little bit extra but it’s hit or miss.

-Japanese women who are REAL SB's typically only want to make long term arrangements with other Japanese men.
Didn’t follow this one. Do you mean Japanese women who get into an arrangement with a non-Japanese person are likely pro SWs?

If so, my experience is that this is overstated, both in that 1) there are plenty of non-SW SBs willing to have an arrangement with a non-Japanese person (also, I don’t think SW and SB are necessarily mutually exclusive categories) and 2) plenty of Japanese men get rinsed by “pro” SBs.

From what I understand, it’s certainly true that there are “SBs” in Tokyo that are dispatched by groups / businesses looking to exploit the industry, though.

Any idea where I can find those place owned by Chinese ?
Gotanda, North (up on the Google map) of JR station. Just walk there after 8 pm and you`ll be called by their tout girls for 40 mins sex for 10K yen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxblack
Didn’t follow this one. Do you mean Japanese women who get into an arrangement with a non-Japanese person are likely pro SWs?

If so, my experience is that this is overstated, both in that 1) there are plenty of non-SW SBs willing to have an arrangement with a non-Japanese person (also, I don’t think SW and SB are necessarily mutually exclusive categories) and 2) plenty of Japanese men get rinsed by “pro” SBs.

From what I understand, it’s certainly true that there are “SBs” in Tokyo that are dispatched by groups / businesses looking to exploit the industry, though.
From the way she made it seem, the cultural differences and the awkwardness of dealing with a foreigner who may have zero to iffy Japanese language ability would not be worth it to them. Or an anxiety inducing situation that would make it not worth it to them. Again, those were her words, not mine.

I realize that there's a gray zone with SW's and SB's...and depending on who you ask...they exist on the same same spectrum. But she was speaking exclusively as someone who saw herself as an SB and was fluent in Japanese. For what it's worth, my first interaction with her, I approached her with a PPM request, and she was absolutely insulted. And wouldn't budge on it. So I think she absolutely sees herself more as an SB and is inclined to think more like them.

Again, those were her insights, not mine. I personally think that a SW would easily avail herself as a SB if she liked the guy enough. It's all a matter if she enjoys his company or not.

Reactions: Browcoco

Because you need to pay extra for 3P? :ROFLMAO:

From the way she made it seem, the cultural differences and the awkwardness of dealing with a foreigner who may have zero to iffy Japanese language ability would not be worth it to them. Or an anxiety inducing situation that would make it not worth it to them. Again, those were her words, not mine.

I definitely think most SBs who aren’t fully comfortable in English are going to prefer an SD who speaks their language and understands their culture. I guess that’s not really a particularly shocking revelation 🤣

As someone who has hobbied in a few countries around the world, it's only been the Americans who seem to have a stick up their butt about it. In my experience, and it's entirely anecdotal, almost everyone else saw it as just two adults figuring out something that worked for both of them and made them happy. I've always wondered why that is, women from the US viewing it so differently.

I was finally able to get back to Japan last year through work, and spent a large chunk of Q4 there and had a great time. I'm back in the states now, and running into a lot of the same problems. Lots of issues around semantics, shaming, and overall timewasting. It'd be interesting to see the proper roadmap, with swim lanes of the correct verbal exchanges to convince an SB in the US that she's not being called a whore, but still accepting money for her time.

Reactions: TAG Manager