Guest viewing is limited

Is Anyone Familiar With The Hub In Ikebukuro

loulou_fisher

TAG Member
Reaction score
I am staying in Ikebukuro and I am trying to find a good place to hung around and strike conversations with Japanese ladies in English (my japanese is 0). I was thinking of going to the Hub Pub right across the metropolitan theater. Anyone has any ideas if this is a good place to go to?
Any other suggestion are welcome (in Ikebukuro). thank you

Moved this thread to a more appropriate forum.

I haven't been to the one in Ikebukuro, but The Hub in general is a pretty cool place to possibly meet Japanese people that are interested in foreign culture. Some are bigger or more openly spaced than others, so you might have more or less luck striking up a conversation with the neighboring table.

I am staying in Ikebukuro and I am trying to find a good place to hung around and strike conversations with Japanese ladies in English (my japanese is 0). I was thinking of going to the Hub Pub right across the metropolitan theater. Anyone has any ideas if this is a good place to go to?
Any other suggestion are welcome (in Ikebukuro). thank you

I rarely go to bars... unless I'm dragged. However, the "Hub" pub locations in general have a mixed reputation on what you 'may' or 'may not' find there. The last Hub I went to was near Ebisu station and it was fairly easy to attract attention. (including the unwanted attention)

There's another place in Shibuya, but I can't remember the name to save my life... They had English speaking waitresses there (I guess she was actually not Japanese) and the mixture of people was respectable... but I CANNOT REMEMBER THE NAME... god dammit.

There's another place in Shibuya, but I can't remember the name to save my life... They had English speaking waitresses there (I guess she was actually not Japanese) and the mixture of people was respectable... but I CANNOT REMEMBER THE NAME... god dammit.

Hobgoblin? Good Beer Faucets?

Reactions: just4fun
Well, if you wan't a lot of people o would suggest the hub in shibuya.
Right when you walk from the crossing inside the walking Street.
In Front of the gas panic ( also worth a look if you're in the right mood to dance and be a bit naughty).
This is the most crowded one in shibuya the other ones are decent AS well though.
This particiular one though, has lot's of people on friday and saturday until the last train.

You should also try the bar all the way down the Street, almost by the outback.
It serves beer for 300 Yen and the ratio sucks most of the time. But i've been able to pull some with a friend to different bars and on the next day in the bed.
So it's always everywhere possible if you push the right buttons.

I've been to the hubs in ikebukuro as well, mostly with a Group of foreign guys and japanese girls. The ratio was always good, they still meet every saturday starting from around 5:30. but i as well forgot the Name of the hub.
It's close to a pachinko spot and a family Mart though.
After some time sometimes the hub gets a DJ and things getting pretty good.

Good luck and try your thing.

Ahhhhh that's it... Good Beer Faucets.

Hobgoblin, I only know the one in Roppongi... is there one in Shibuya?
Yea, the better one's in Shibuya

Reactions: TAG Manager
R2 in Roppongi - Mostly over 30 crowd, many expats and well off gaijins on Friday and Saturday nights. Variety of seating areas and dark atmosphere, easy to pick up but most women here are gold diggers at heart.

Oak Door (Grand Hyatt ) in Roppongi - Mix of working girls and locales, same sort of deal as R2 but costs x 2 more. Employees of the bar keep the girls around by giving them free drinks and food. Less competition but layout of the bar makes harder to get your game on.

Rigolette in Roppongi Hills - Cheaper out of the three but it's a hit and miss, half the place is a restaurant but they have a decent priced bar. Easy to mingle, location is great as you can migrate to more secluded bar within the surrounding area.

To be honest "Hub" is the junk yard of gaijin bars in Tokyo, decent if you want simply go for some drinks with your mates but in terms of picking up the competition is tough.

One place I have recently discovered is http://www.ebisu-yokocho.com/ , a bunch of izakayas dumped into one spot. Open drinking environment, many cute J-girls on Friday / Saturday night!

Good luck

Reactions: Kendo