Is gargling supposed to reduce the risk of STI/STDs?

caseykei

TAG Member
Reaction score
Reading about soaplands and deliheru, I get that gargling with antiseptic is fairly standard procedure, but it is supposed to reduce STI/STD risks during oral sex (or even kissing for herpes)?

Yup, that's the idea.
Usually its a tincture of iodine.

Reading about soaplands and deliheru, I get that gargling with antiseptic is fairly standard procedure, but it is supposed to reduce STI/STD risks during oral sex (or even kissing for herpes)?

You've come to the right forum!(y)

All of us here at TAG are always delighted to answer questions.:D

As TAG's self-proclaimed Google wiz, here's what I've found-an article with sources at the end...

Although many people aren't aware of the risk, a number of STDs can be spread through oral sex. Gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, HPV, and herpes can all be spread through fellatio and cunnilingus. The most effective way to reduce the overall risk of oral STD transmission is screening, treatment, and using barriers for oral sex. However, recent studies have also begun to suggest that using antiseptic mouthwash, such as Listerine, may also be able to reduce the risk of some oral STD transmission.

Note: It is theoretically possible to get HIV through oral sex. However, transmission through oral sex is thought to be quite rare. The risk of transmission of other STDs is much higher.

Read the full article: https://www.verywell.com/does-mouthwash-reduce-risk-of-oral-stds-4124069

a bit off-putting, when kissing a girl and all you can taste is mouthwash. (still better than bad breath though)
I always thought the mouthwash was for in case the customer had bad mouth hygiene. I do remember seeing antiseptic mouthwash next to some individually wrapped toothbrushes during my soapland session.

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
How much extra is that?
if-you-have-to-ask-you-cant-afford-it.jpg

yes those japanese mouthwashes are crucial in japanese p4p... but one thing that always bothered me is why no girl uses any sort of mint type mouthwash in P4P ever.

Reactions: ur19877
I was actually surprised when I had to use mouthwash AND brush my teeth at a soapland.. I went to Kawasaki Paradise and the girl asked me to do it, I was like "Do I do it like, for real or just as a formality?"

I ended up actually brushing it well and gargling a few times.. No idea if it helps though, I assumed it was to get rid of a smelly mouth

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I was actually surprised when I had to use mouthwash AND brush my teeth at a soapland.. I went to Kawasaki Paradise and the girl asked me to do it, I was like "Do I do it like, for real or just as a formality?"

I ended up actually brushing it well and gargling a few times.. No idea if it helps though, I assumed it was to get rid of a smelly mouth
Did she ask you to do it after you kissed her?

Basically in all soaplands the girls are supposed to kiss the guys before the shower and mouth wash procedure.
From the reviews here it seems like it doesn't always happen though.

Reactions: jhingy567

No, it was my first time in a soapland.. No idea what can and cannot be done, so I just let her lead. Although I did drink some coke before, so I wouldn't have kissed her before it either way

No, it was my first time in a soapland.. No idea what can and cannot be done, so I just let her lead. Although I did drink some coke before, so I wouldn't have kissed her before it either way
Cola doesn't make you taste bad :)

You should never brushing your teeth less than 2 hours before a p2p session. The hair of the toothbrush damage your gum and microscopic lesions. So small it doesnt hurt or even bleed. Since its so small it heals very quickly probably not even an hour, but as a precaution I brush my teeth two hours before and then eat nothing until the session to be sure my mouth is clean and safe.

You should never brushing your teeth less than 2 hours before a p2p session. The hair of the toothbrush damage your gum and microscopic lesions. So small it doesnt hurt or even bleed. Since its so small it heals very quickly probably not even an hour, but as a precaution I brush my teeth two hours before and then eat nothing until the session to be sure my mouth is clean and safe.

my mind is blown my this... i like to brush my teeth at the start of each session.... i would use my water pic too if i had a portable one...

now i have to factor in meal and brush time as part of my p4p schedule??? too much to handle..

Reactions: MikeH

I knew electric tooth brush opens micro lesions on your gums, and increases STD risk, therefore I always avoided it. But I didn't know normal tooth brush did the same thing, never heard of this before.

Reactions: ur19877
This is very useful information for me. I will never, ever use the electric toothbrush on my anous, no matter how good it feels, and then use it to brush my teeth within two hours. Or one hour.