Is success tied to how well you fit in a given society? (Different groups/different experiences)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphonse

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is a recent observation that I've made. I have noticed that every society is very different and financial success does not come from working hard in school or getting a job. For instance, this Chinese guy said Chinese people did better in China than in America since America did not suit their strengths. It seems to succeed in America they would need a very high level of English as well as the strong "soft skills" to mingle with White Americans. Hence, why it seems Indians do better than Chinese in America.

Roosh(manosphere author embroiled in controversy) himself is a perfect example of this. He wanted to be famous in a "positive" way like great American writers like Charles Buwoski and Ernest Hemingway. He had the leadership and persistence to succeed. However, instead of getting the success he wanted he ended up becoming a "Pariah." He was "too weird" for certain sector of the American audience. Roosh might think that this is because of his unique ideas. However, how I see it I think he comes from a very religious household and hence this conflicted with the more "secular" American culture that is present. While other conservative authors might be able to navigate this better, where they are able to present their ideas without becoming too fringe.

Another great example is Americans in Mexico. Having online conversations with expat American community tends to be more insular. They speak English and tend to huddle with other Anglos. While they have some money most of it was money that they already had. Contrast this approach with Spaniards. Spaniards when they move to Mexico they quickly climb up the ranks, its not only the language advantage they have but they also have the "right look/white/light skin" and the "cultural know how" on how to navigate the culture and get the most out of it. For instance, a more "combative" style might work America but not Mexico where it seems diplomacy works better.

PS: I would like to add that it seems that the more "artistic" and "intellectual" type fit better in French society than American society. For example, Patricia Highsmith, Henry Miller and many other American authors found a more welcoming audience in France than in America.

Status
Not open for further replies.