Is there anything at all in Roppongi?

Sorry to jump in, but I just wanted to mention that the Yokohama BBQ place also has a branch in Iidabashi now.

You fuckers is Tokyo have no idea how good you have it. I swear, I would've murdered someone for a joint like this in Osaka during my time. I would've lived here, literally. Back in my day the best thing we had was this shithole called Captain Kangaroo in Umeda (anyone know if it's still open??), closest thing to a real burger you could get. I'd actually love to check this Midtown joint out, except that my pride won't allow it. I happily condemn and shit on all the Japanese tourists who come all the way to Waikiki and then eat most every meal at a sushi or udon restaurant, or the idiot fucking obese American tourists who vacation in Japan and end up at Wendy's. Can't be a hypocrite, as much as I love brisket and ribs and fries and good craft beer.

Reactions: Maxblack
There are old and fading golden memories , ghosts of a glorious past …

Naaa just kidding . It was still a shitty place back then, just more lively

Sorry to jump in, but I just wanted to mention that the Yokohama BBQ place also has a branch in Iidabashi now.
It's actually Suidobashi.

You fuckers is Tokyo have no idea how good you have it. I swear, I would've murdered someone for a joint like this in Osaka during my time. I would've lived here, literally. Back in my day the best thing we had was this shithole called Captain Kangaroo in Umeda (anyone know if it's still open??), closest thing to a real burger you could get. I'd actually love to check this Midtown joint out, except that my pride won't allow it. I happily condemn and shit on all the Japanese tourists who come all the way to Waikiki and then eat most every meal at a sushi or udon restaurant, or the idiot fucking obese American tourists who vacation in Japan and end up at Wendy's. Can't be a hypocrite, as much as I love brisket and ribs and fries and good craft beer.
I go to an oden shop nearby when I'm in Osaka and Captain Kangaroo was still open (as of April 2023).

To be fair, I think you've been in Japan for long enough that you wouldn't get judged for indulging in some western BBQ. Personally, I'm just skeptical about overseas BBQ since I have access to American BBQ, but I've yet to find a local place that has brisket as good as those I had in Texas (or Arizona, surprisingly).

Reactions: Keihan
Hato’s bar for the ribs. Whitesmoke for brisket but he shut his restaurant years ago and now only sells through select markets.

I go to an oden shop nearby when I'm in Osaka and Captain Kangaroo was still open (as of April 2023).

To be fair, I think you've been in Japan for long enough that you wouldn't get judged for indulging in some western BBQ. Personally, I'm just skeptical about overseas BBQ since I have access to American BBQ, but I've yet to find a local place that has brisket as good as those I had in Texas (or Arizona, surprisingly).
So it survived the pandemic! FFS, I was staying at a hotel down the street on one of my recent return visits and willed myself not to walk in that direction because I knew if I saw the door open and a table open I wouldn't be able to stop myself from popping in to see if that old happy hour special (burger and bottle of anything for 1k) was still a thing, and then end up sitting there guzzling Bass and Coopers and whatever else they might have for two or three hours.

Buy as Doc Holliday said, my hypocrisy knows no bounds. I'm absolutely going to saunter over to Midtown one day. No idea when I'll be back in Tokyo but whenever I am, one of my first stops after checking into my hotel is to Suidobashi and Spalaqua for my akasuri (they got a young Korean girl working there, I'll get her sooner or later) followed by some bahn mi and spring rolls at that Vietnamese joint in the food court with those hot young Vietnamese waitresses and try to get hard underneath my spa pajamas and give them a proper three thumbs up. I'll skip the meal and stagger down to Midtown, as I'm pretty sure I know exactly where it is.

So it survived the pandemic! FFS, I was staying at a hotel down the street on one of my recent return visits and willed myself not to walk in that direction because I knew if I saw the door open and a table open I wouldn't be able to stop myself from popping in to see if that old happy hour special (burger and bottle of anything for 1k) was still a thing, and then end up sitting there guzzling Bass and Coopers and whatever else they might have for two or three hours.

Buy as Doc Holliday said, my hypocrisy knows no bounds. I'm absolutely going to saunter over to Midtown one day. No idea when I'll be back in Tokyo but whenever I am, one of my first stops after checking into my hotel is to Suidobashi and Spalaqua for my akasuri (they got a young Korean girl working there, I'll get her sooner or later) followed by some bahn mi and spring rolls at that Vietnamese joint in the food court with those hot young Vietnamese waitresses and try to get hard underneath my spa pajamas and give them a proper three thumbs up. I'll skip the meal and stagger down to Midtown, as I'm pretty sure I know exactly where it is.
Yeah, it's been a while since I popped into Captain Kangaroo, but it was chill in there.

Ahhh you and those akasuris--I swear, every time you mention it, I wonder why I haven't tried it yet. I might try it out when I'm visiting Seoul during my next trip to Japan. (It's cheaper in Seoul).

Reactions: Keihan
Midtown BBQ near Suidobashi Station is also excellent in my experience.
Yeah, it was pointed out that they'd opened a branch in Tokyo later in the thread.

Yeah, it's been a while since I popped into Captain Kangaroo, but it was chill in there.

Ahhh you and those akasuris--I swear, every time you mention it, I wonder why I haven't tried it yet. I might try it out when I'm visiting Seoul during my next trip to Japan. (It's cheaper in Seoul).

You seriously are missing out on one of life's true treasures. Minor tip, I'll do akasuri all year round but it's fucking amazing in the winter, say...January or February, after your skin has been subjected to a couple months of the harsh cold. These days, when I fly into Japan during winter with my tropically-acclimated skin, I dry up like a Chinese lady looking at an invoice...so after a few days in-country when I'm ashy as fuck (I jog 6 days/week, my skin is pretty brown) a get a good scrub and it's like being born again.

• Haha
Reactions: lambdaguy
You seriously are missing out on one of life's true treasures. Minor tip, I'll do akasuri all year round but it's fucking amazing in the winter, say...January or February, after your skin has been subjected to a couple months of the harsh cold. These days, when I fly into Japan during winter with my tropically-acclimated skin, I dry up like a Chinese lady looking at an invoice...so after a few days in-country when I'm ashy as fuck (I jog 6 days/week, my skin is pretty brown) a get a good scrub and it's like being born again.
Damn, that's REALLY dry :ROFLMAO:

I'll try it for sure. Next trip will be this fall, but I'll keep it in mind as a post-winter activity as well.