walk up

Appointment Length & Costs:
service refused: 6000 yen 20 min course while choosing the girl

Type/Location:
pink salon

Language Notes:
Fully in Japanese (I'm fluent)

Details of the Encounter:
Well, I don't know if there is any causality with the chlamydia comment here, but when I tried to get the 6000 yens course (the one where you can choose your girl) I got brusquely denied it ("none of the girls of the website are available", and when trying to know *when* they would be available, or *who*, I was replied "nai tte !!" ... I mean, this isn't even grammatically correct after my question). Also, I was doing nothing else than being a foreigner, and the possibility of 6000 course is still on their website. Sooo... no more 6000 course for foreigners, if I understand correctly.

Final Thoughts:
Not Recommended.

Closing Comments:
I feel like Japan is slowly closing on itself, sadly... Xenophobia is winning.
Hey buddy foreigners, just hook up a nice girl in a dance club or in a happening bar, because, as foreigners, you do have an incredible charisma in Japan. Or buy one of these prettier-than-real-girls TPE or silicon sex dolls.

This is very interesting report... Jan Jan? Refusing clients? This is the first report that I've seen that says this.

If any other member can verify or provide more info, it would be greatly appreciated.

Approved: 8/29/2019

This is very interesting report... Jan Jan? Refusing clients? This is the first report that I've seen that says this.

If any other member can verify or provide more info, it would be greatly appreciated.

They weren’t refusing service, they were refusing shimei. Important clarification for a misleading thread title.

They weren’t refusing service, they were refusing shimei. Important clarification for a misleading thread title.
Thank you, I did read that, so I'd like to clarify the info from @loop8 and then update the content and title.

Reactions: loop8
Jan Jan not foreigner friendly anymore...no loss beyond their women spread STis anyway.

Genuine question; if you speak fluent japanese why go to janjan? There are so many better options

Complaining that ないって is not grammatically correct leads me to believe that this fluency is gained in the classroom and not in the real life. Which of course leads this old cynic of me to believe it's not real fluency.

Fluency in my book is when you talk yourself into a Japanese only place. :D

Listen bruh, this shop lets you pay 3,000 yen to get your dick sucked raw and splooge in your provider's mouth. I don't see how much more foreigner friendly you can get.

So the shimei course in which you pay DOUBLE just to pick the granny that will be servicing you is off limits. Sounds like you've been done a favor if you ask me.

Yes, right, they were just refusing shimei. But why not being honest about that on their website? They were being rude ignoring my questions and responding to everything by "nai" even to questions in open form.

You can edit the title to "refusing shimei and replying rudely if you ask". That would indeed be more accurate.

Reading the other comments below, I'm glad to have been refused, somehow.

Complaining that ないって is not grammatically correct leads me to believe that this fluency is gained in the classroom and not in the real life. Which of course leads this old cynic of me to believe it's not real fluency.

Well, they were actually replying ないって to open questions, and that does not make sense grammatically. But they did not want to inform me, or discuss with me in a civilized way, and they wanted to show me the door by being rude.

Also they were not refusing shimei directly, but by asking me which girl I wanted, then that she was not here, then when I asked who was here (or when) that nobody from the website was here, and then to any other question by "nai" and that's it.
So, I would have appreciated being told "you cannot have shimei" clearly.
Yes, right, they were just refusing shimei. But why not being honest about that on their website? They were being rude ignoring my questions and responding to everything by "nai" even to questions in open form.

You can edit the title to "refusing shimei and replying rudely if you ask". That would indeed be more accurate.

They were being rude ignoring my questions and responding to everything by "nai" even to questions in open form.
Question for the more experienced mongers... but how rude are pinsaro front staff?

The p4p front staff places I’ve been to have always spoken politely when rejecting me, even with my shitty Japanese, when I try to honshimei someone who is not available.

But I’ve never been to a pinsaro before though. So in general I’m just wondering how far do you have to go to have them drop the polite speak and answer you rudely/abruptly?

OK so the thing to understand about Jan Jan (I've been several times in recent months) is that it's a bit more "mom and pop" than most other places. The "front staff" are either an old lady or an old dude (who I've always assumed were the owners).

Is politeness important? Absolutely. But it's also about knowing what you're getting yourself into. We're foreigners and (like it or not) that means that we sometimes get the raw deal and have to roll with the punches. If the rule is gaijin can't shimei then that's just how it is. If you become a regular, sometimes the rules will be bent for you (sometimes not).

Now, none of that excuses rudeness on their part or that the website (probably in desperate need of an update) doesn't spell out rules properly. But unfortunately there isn't much to be done about it.

If you're fluent, I would say check out some better places and forget about this one.

but how rude are pinsaro front staff?
Generally quite polite until you do something to piss them off, just like other places.

OK so the thing to understand about Jan Jan (I've been several times in recent months) is that it's a bit more "mom and pop" than most other places. The "front staff" are either an old lady or an old dude (who I've always assumed were the owners).

Is politeness important? Absolutely. But it's also about knowing what you're getting yourself into. We're foreigners and (like it or not) that means that we sometimes get the raw deal and have to roll with the punches. If the rule is gaijin can't shimei then that's just how it is. If you become a regular, sometimes the rules will be bent for you (sometimes not).

Now, none of that excuses rudeness on their part or that the website (probably in desperate need of an update) doesn't spell out rules properly. But unfortunately there isn't much to be done about it.

If you're fluent, I would say check out some better places and forget about this one.

Could you hook me up with a google map location thing for this can’t seem to find anywhere on the site with a map?

Fluency is convincing the guy on the front desk of the Japanese only place you’ve talked your way into , into giving your money back when the Hanako you picked from the photo spread Didn’t show up, but someone resembling her mother does.

But I digest (Ali G), I’m with @Durg50 and @Lukes , if you can speak the lingo why settle for this place.

Some Japanese sites say this shop offers only "hon-shimei" which means you can "shimei" only when you want to repeat to a particular girl. If what they claim is true, the shop doesn't offer "shashin-shimei" (the option that let you choose from the pictures).

I haven't been to the shop, but frequented the cafe above it. The location is (35.7328246,139.740145).

Naitte just means « i say no » right?
Ok it may not be the most polite way to say it but I suppose a place like Jan-Jan is not expected to have ckerks speaking like at the reception of a posh hotel

Reactions: MikeH
Naitte just means « i say no » right?
Ok it may not be the most polite way to say it but I suppose a place like Jan-Jan is not expected to have ckerks speaking like at the reception of a posh hotel

Especially after you keep insisting on something they don't have on offer.

But back in the day I had a girlfriend who would go ないってば in the cutest way every time she didn't agree. To be honest hearing that still makes me a bit hard.

You seem very combative. You don’t appear to know how to communicate with Japanese people. You received a ‘no’ and then badgered them and received more ‘no’s’.

I totally understand why gaijins are banned from so many places. If I was Japanese I wouldn’t bother trying to accommodate foreigners either. By accommodating foreigners, the Japanese just put themselves in the situation where sooner or later they will be confronted by someone who is entitled. Not worth the aggravation, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.