January's Weekend Thread

Karen

Mistress of the Night
Executive Leadership
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Hey All!

Happy weekend to everyone! This thread is for discussing the weekends in January!

We'll follow up each month with a new thread to talk about what we are all doing on the weekends! Those of you not living in Japan, feel free to participate! :D

<3 K.

Last night the bf and I went to see Avatar in 3D. The plot was typical save the world kind of stuff but the visuals and 3D made up for where the plot was lacking. I have always previously found 3D movies lacking and annoying. This one was enjoyable and I would actually go see it again just to enjoy the experience.

We went to see Avatar at Roppongi Hills Toho cinema, screen 7. That is the largest screen at that location, sporting 644 seats. Really an enjoyable spot to see a movie.

After the movie we grabbed some dinner in Roppongi and then headed back home. Turned out to be a really good night overall. ;)

Today, we're just kind of being lazy. Going to head out to a cafe to have some coffee and chat. Maybe will do some shopping before the day ends. Tomorrow is a holiday, not sure what the plans are yet.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Nice to know someone is not working this weekend! :rolleyes:

Just for the morning, I did a bit of work, now just out relaxing. Don't have to do any work tomorrow but Tuesday will be a busy day.

Have not seen Avatar yet, but after your comments, I may go check it out. The 3D sounds interesting, I never did like 3D movies, may having the same opinion you did.

May have some dinner plans tonight, will report on that later. ;)

Reporting back: Dinner went well but the night kind of ended on a sour note, lol. At least the food was good which made up for the date.

Sorry to hear about your date Spirit-Man. I realize that was last week, sorry about being late on the reply.

This weekend was really nice, it wasn't too outside and we got to spends some time shopping and just enjoying being free of work and other boring tasks.

I'm in the process of writing a review about a place we went in Shinjuku, hopefully will have that ready when the new site design launches. Should be fun! ;)