Guest viewing is limited

Japan is closed

I cannot find any mentions about PR holders in the Japanese news. Is that something the writer of that English piece made up himself or am I missing something?

Reactions: Durg50
I cannot find any mentions about PR holders in the Japanese news. Is that something the writer of that English piece made up himself or am I missing something?
We (PR holders) don’t have anything to worry about
So its ok, you won’t need to go back to Estonia or wherever :)

We (PR holders) don’t have anything to worry about
So its ok, you won’t need to go back to Estonia or wherever :)

The English piece linked first said if you go abroad you won't get back to Japan. Which is of course just a theoretical problem as probably nobody is leaving anyway.

I have been in Estonia and really would like to go back someday. Though I am pretty sure the prices of everything have gone up considerably since I visited just after they got independence the second time. But vodka was cheap and girls were really friendly and affordable. :p

Reactions: Rusty Trombone

"The government has allowed permanent residents and spouses of Japanese to re-enter the country, but they will also be barred from entry, in principle, starting on April 3."

In other words: If you have a gaijin card, don't leave, you won't be invited back.

In other words: If you have a gaijin card, don't leave, you won't be invited back.

Yeah, as said I'd like to see that somewhere else than in one piece of English news before I start to believe it.

I'd still give the odds for the writer to have made that up himself, he even throw in the "in principle" so that if someone calls it bullshit he can fall back to that.

It's been all over the Japanese news yesterday ....

ah ok. I thought your initial inquiry was about fear of being kicked out. But its sad anyway, I had just planned a Tokyo-Seoul-Wuhan-Milano-Paris-NYC-LA-Tokyo trip , damn! :D

No fear, leave today and you can still get back! The rule applies just for people who leave tomorrow or later.

While we are at it please bring some bats as souvenir.

Reactions: Sudsy and Frenchy
Not just PR holders, basically anyone resident apart from "Special Residents because the War and Korea", i.e. 「永住者」、「日本人の配偶者等」、「永住者の配偶者等」又は「定住者」

Not just PR holders

The way I read it anyone who is not in your list is not allowed to come back at all anymore; regardless if they had re-entry permit or not when they left. The list was those who get treated better, so they can still get back if they left today or earlier.

Umm, yeah, I read it as anyone resident in Japan who is not a Japanese citizen or Special Korean Because of the War (i.e. PR, dependent of Japanese citizen., dependent of PR holder etc.) can come back if they left today or earlier, but if they leave from tomorrow won't be allowed back at all.

Well, I always wondered what it would be like to live in Edo-era Japan. TIme to look at property in Dejima.

Reactions: Frenchy
Reactions: Frenchy and split
The ones with no flights period maybe.
HAHA. The graveyard shift only. You know the flights you get on late at night and your realize after sitting down everyone is walking corpse just like your avatar.

My Hospital is closed.

ah ok. I thought your initial inquiry was about fear of being kicked out. But its sad anyway, I had just planned a Tokyo-Seoul-Wuhan-Milano-Paris-NYC-LA-Tokyo trip , damn! :D

You forgot Rome and Barcelona. If you actually made it back to Tokyo alive, the CDC would probably give you a million dollars just for antibody samples of your plasma.

Is any one really planning on leaving?

A nuclear meltdown didn’t get me to leave, and I’m pretty sure I’m safer here than my home country。
I figure I'm gonna die here one way or another. Am planning a Manila trip once this dies down though.

Reactions: Sudsy and MikeH