Japanese phone number required to use delivery health service?

Scarecrow

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I used to live in Japan with a Japanese phone number, that allowed me to use delivery health service.
Please note that a visa/resident card was necessary to get this Japanese phone number.

Now, when I am back to Japan as a tourist (3 month stay) without visa, and without a Japanese phone number, is it possible for me to order a delivery health service? How do you do that when you are a visitor only?

Prepaid cards do not permit that, don't they?

Thank you in advance for your advice and help.

P.S. : I still have a cityheaven account with my former Japanese number, but now cityheaven is no longer accessible from outside Japan it seems, oh well...

I use the same service Kurara mentioned as well and it works fine; but sometimes the same phone number is used by multiple visitors to the same shop no less so just be aware.

Reactions: Scarecrow
I think managing to get into Japan as a tourist nowadays is more difficult than getting a phone number... :D

Haven't looked this up in a while now but I'm sure I've seen several different phone providers selling/renting SIM cards to tourist, also with voice plans. Don't think you'll have any issues getting one.

I use a Skype phone number with no problems
Hello guys,

Long time no see.
I am back in Japan (as a tourist) and I wanted to reply to some of you, for your information :)

I tried to create a Japanese Skype number today. But a second Japanese number is possible only for the residents of Japan (said Skype itself).

Haven't looked this up in a while now but I'm sure I've seen several different phone providers selling/renting SIM cards to tourist, also with voice plans. Don't think you'll have any issues getting one.
Hello Biku,

Just for your information, I went to ask to several companies (yahoo, softbank...). The passport + the resident card is mandatory to get a phone number. I insisted a bit, in Japanese, but all of the salespersons I met were adamant about it. Even if I have a Japanese guarantor and a Japanese bank account, there is no way through without the resident card.

Even if I have a Japanese guarantor and a Japanese bank account, there is no way through without the resident card.
How exactly do you get a Japanese bank account without a resident card?

Hello guys,

Long time no see.
I am back in Japan (as a tourist) and I wanted to reply to some of you, for your information :)

I tried to create a Japanese Skype number today. But a second Japanese number is possible only for the residents of Japan (said Skype itself).

Problem about Skype numbers is that they don't work correctly. Yeah you can make calls and let people call you under this number, but it has limitations. If you call somewhere no number is displayed for the other party......many shops don't accept that.

Problem about Skype numbers is that they don't work correctly. Yeah you can make calls and let people call you under this number, but it has limitations. If you call somewhere no number is displayed for the other party......many shops don't accept that.
OK I see :)

Okay, guys, I found this. I hope it will help all the persons in the same situation:

https://www.mobal.com/japan-sim-card/#buysim

(now I just have to find a way to have it sent to Kyushuu, lol)
Thought about using this, but having to pay monthly even when im not in Japan will be quite a waste.
Would be good if we can activate for probably a month, then reactivate it during the months we require it.
Will need to do some research on this before getting it for future usage.

*I do see that they allow termination at anytime. But if you terminate it, will you be able to reactivate it some other time?
Also will the number be the same?

Thought about using this, but having to pay monthly even when im not in Japan will be quite a waste.
Would be good if we can activate for probably a month, then reactivate it during the months we require it.
Will need to do some research on this before getting it for future usage.

*I do see that they allow termination at anytime. But if you terminate it, will you be able to reactivate it some other time?
Also will the number be the same?
Doesn't look like it for the longer term stay.

You can probably go with the 30 day short term version but the one that allow calls is 7500 yen or so. Kinda pricey?

Doesn't look like it for the longer term stay.

You can probably go with the 30 day short term version but the one that allow calls is 7500 yen or so. Kinda pricey?
Yeah, its way too expensive for a month
The alternative is to rent a phone, probably 500 yen a day + other fees?
But at the end of it, is it still worth it?

Given a lot of shops (or almost all of them) requiring you to call them for confirmations and receive calls from them, and if you want to take advantage of using CityHeaven to book the girls, you would need a Japanese phone number.

I used to rent a Japanese SIM for local phone number to register an account with CityHeaven then just use different rental Japanese SIM for local phone numbers mostly to receive calls and to make quick confirmation calls since outgoing calls are expensive as heck, but that's the best way.

If you are going to spend a couple of grands on P4P, I don't think the rental Japanese SIM cost add that much more for the convenience and options. The only bad part is to keep telling the shops you have changed phone numbers.

Reactions: Doggyfong
Given a lot of shops (or almost all of them) requiring you to call them for confirmations and receive calls from them, and if you want to take advantage of using CityHeaven to book the girls, you would need a Japanese phone number.

I used to rent a Japanese SIM for local phone number to register an account with CityHeaven then just use different rental Japanese SIM for local phone numbers mostly to receive calls and to make quick confirmation calls since outgoing calls are expensive as heck, but that's the best way.

If you are going to spend a couple of grands on P4P, I don't think the rental Japanese SIM cost add that much more for the convenience and options. The only bad part is to keep telling the shops you have changed phone numbers.

Hmm, why would you have to tell shops that numbers changed? Cityheaven needs a number to sign up, but the number is not bound to the profile. When you book online you always get a form to fill out where you can put in any number you like as far as I know.

Hmm, why would you have to tell shops that numbers changed? Cityheaven needs a number to sign up, but the number is not bound to the profile. When you book online you always get a form to fill out where you can put in any number you like as far as I know.
That's true, there's nothing stopping you from giving out a different phone number when booking via CityHeaven, the shops will contact you via that phone number on reservation anyway and not the phoe number on your CityHeaven profile, which I doubt the shop have access.

What I meant is for example, Material group has customer ranking/level where you get to book the girls a few more days ahead in advance and they probably match the phone number to your profile/account so if you change phone numbers they would need to know and probably confirm you via previous phone numbers or some PINs.

It's just the hassle of it, especially if they think you are a new customer when in fact you have already used the shop before.