Guest viewing is limited

Kissing in public

Stupid question but I'm new to this. How am I supposed to kiss her if we're both wearing masks most of the time??
Like I take her to a restaurant, we have a good time but it'd be awkward to kiss her there, and then we put the masks back on. And I'm not sure if getting touchy feely in public is accepted on first dates.

Remember being
Stupid question but I'm new to this. How am I supposed to kiss her if we're both wearing masks most of the time??
Like I take her to a restaurant, we have a good time but it'd be awkward to kiss her there, and then we put the masks back on. And I'm not sure if getting touchy feely in public is accepted on first dates.
Don't know when your date is but in two weeks the assmaskery is over!

Reactions: CharlieSimms
I predict nothing will really change. A lot of people like and feel more comfortable wearing masks in public irrespective of the pandemic of the day. I do. Many ladies do as don’t have to worry so much about makeup.

One girl told me recently she must have her mask at all times because it makes her face look smaller. Go figure. In any case, once you are both somewhere not so public the mask will come off.

Reactions: Cinnabums and Alice
Kiss with the masks still on, like dental dams.

Oh really that's awesome. But I feel like a lot of girls will keep wearing masks lol, I think they like it
True

And if we don't?

I'll keep using masks wherever the fuck I want. I go inside somewhere? Mask up. Massive crowds outside? Mask up. I look even worse on the day than usual? Mask up. I love masks, so versatile.

So what, no updates from OP? I'm curious as to whether he made it to Japan and, if so, what he ended up getting arrested for.

Reactions: Alice and Kevt
Honestly I have seen more people pissing in public in Japan!

Not recommended!

I'll be honest, I've never seen anyone pissing in public in Tokyo (other than myself). Granted, I never lived in Tokyo, but still...doesn't seem like an acceptable practice. Maybe I'm not as observant in my middle-age.

Now in Osaka, on the other hand, public pissing is a cherished prefectural pastime. The men, young and old, piss anywhere and everywhere like it's going out of style. I remember the first time I saw some decrepit old shit walk out of a small bar in the Kyobashi shotengai, not appearing to be drunk and wearing a nice suit, who then proceeded to piss in the storm drain right in front of the entrance, and thinking to myself...THIS CAN'T BE NORMAL??? And then I saw it a hundred more times during my first year in Osaka. That was one of the easiest aspects of life in Japan for me to transition into, and so convenient! When In Rome, I say.

And it's not just the men. Osakan women don't seem to be particularly apprehensive about popping a squat in public. Go to any large hanami or, even better, watch the aftermath of a Hanshin Tigers game outside Koshien--women of all ages pissing on the curb or in the dirt all over the place.

Honestly, that was one of the only pleasant aspects of life in Osaka. I never had to worry about finding a place to piss while out in public, chugging curb beers and acting like a savage.

Reactions: Cinnabums and Alice
I'll be honest, I've never seen anyone pissing in public in Tokyo (other than myself). Granted, I never lived in Tokyo, but still...doesn't seem like an acceptable practice. Maybe I'm not as observant in my middle-age.

Maybe it's just not as bold in your face like you described it in Osaka....but it is not so uncommon.
When you head out for a long night of drinks you will often see people pissing out in the parking lots etc.

Reactions: Alice
Try Golden Gai, or the greater Kabuki Cho area.

Funny you should mention this because I just came to the realization that I've never been in Shinjuku at night. No idea why. Seriously, you'd figure that's the first place I would've spent an evening once I discovered Tokyo. SO, to remedy that situation, I shall dedicate an entire night on my next trip to prowling the streets Kabuki-Cho, hopefully not drinking too much lest I wander into 2-Chome and end up with a real "mouthful" to think about when I wake up at noon on the floor of my hotel room with a sore asshole, about 3-man poorer and a Club Diamond point card and lollipop on the bedside table.

• Wow
Reactions: Alice and Danbo
Funny you should mention this because I just came to the realization that I've never been in Shinjuku at night. No idea why. Seriously, you'd figure that's the first place I would've spent an evening once I discovered Tokyo. SO, to remedy that situation, I shall dedicate an entire night on my next trip to prowling the streets Kabuki-Cho, hopefully not drinking too much lest I wander into 2-Chome and end up with a real "mouthful" to think about when I wake up at noon on the floor of my hotel room with a sore asshole, about 3-man poorer and a Club Diamond point card and lollipop on the bedside table.

Never got shitfaced in Kabukicho? ...I think you have to move that to the very top of your priority list 😉

Lol, just lost my bag there last weekend while doing so....good thing is that Japan is so forgiving to drunks as long as you can reconstruct to which places you went. Nothing gets stolen 😅

Reactions: Alice and Keihan
Never got shitfaced in Kabukicho? ...I think you have to move that to the very top of your priority list 😉

Lol, just lost my bag there last weekend while doing so....good thing is that Japan is so forgiving to drunks as long as you can reconstruct to which places you went. Nothing gets stolen 😅

Honestly, it's probably just because I'm getting old. When I stay in Tokyo I'm always in the Chiyoda/Kanda area, and while Shinjuku isn't far, it's far enough that if I really tie one on and put away ten, twelve, fifteen pints...I'm surely running the risk of pissing my pants on the train ride back. The other factor is that, at least pre-pandemic, if I was going to Shinjuku it was usually to visit AR/AF, and I always got there right at noon to ensure I could nominate Emi or Minami, and nothing follows a nice AR/AF session like a dozen beers at whatever bar is open that early. As much as I hate to admit I'm getting old, I just can't drink from lunchtime to last train, anymore, or at least if I'm going to try it then I'll do it nearby my hotel.

But challenge accepted. I will do an early evening bender and partake in the street urination festivities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danbo
As much as I hate to admit I'm getting old, I just can't drink from lunchtime to last train, anymore, or at least if I'm going to try it then I'll do it nearby my hotel.

Lol, there is the proof. Last train 🙈
This is where the fun begins. You have to pull through until first train....and hop on as a complete mess, hopefully still drunk enough to not notice the looks of disgust all around you 🤣

Reactions: Alice and Keihan
Lol, there is the proof. Last train 🙈
This is where the fun begins. You have to pull through until first train....and hop on as a complete mess, hopefully still drunk enough to not notice the looks of disgust all around you 🤣

Dude, you're describing six years of my life. "OH WHELP, IT'S 12:01AM!! GUESS WE JUST HAVE TO RIDE IT OUT AT TORIKIZOKU!!" Now if you want to be a genuine OG, you had to stay up drinking sidewalk beers in Umeda until 10am when Yodobashi Camera opened, and then go on a blackout shopping spree for the dumbest shit in the world. One morning (afternoon) I woke up on the Osaka Loop Line with two bags full of random, stupid ass nonsense (table fan, new Panasonic iron, USB cables, etc.), but ironically all that stuff came in handy at work. Thank my lucky stars that Japanese aren't fans of stealing from drunken degenerates snoring on trains.