Koenji...mostly No Gaijin.

WarMonkey

TAG Member
Reaction score
Stopped by Koenji as KiraKira looked promising. It has a very long title all in English but was politely shut down immediately. Just a heads up.

Sakura Drops is also no Gaijin and I was slightly less politely rejected here.

Charmmy is gaijin friendly but had one super terrible experience there, one okay experience and one slightly bad experience.

over by the McDonald's (maybe kfc?) Is a group of 3 places with an old man outside. No gaijin here unless you are fluent. But service here was only okay.

Many great girl bars here but I'm not usually into those.

Many massage places but I only like Meguro Angel so far.

I've been told by more than one Japanese person to avoid Koenji, lol.

One girl told me she grew up there and people that lived around there were nuts.
Another guy from the area told me that a number of those weird people on TV live around there...

That said, I've been to Koenji a grand total of two times... haha.

Thank you, however, for the intelligence report. It will be appreciated!

One girl told me she grew up there and people that lived around there were nuts.

I lived there for a while about 15 years ago. It's always been a low-rent version of Shimokitazawa, with all that entails. Tattoo shops, hippies, punks, metalheads, low-tier yakuza, used goods shops..... and plenty of garden variety nut-jobs. There are a couple of hospitals with psych wards in the area, and a lot of the outpatients live nearby. Fun place to drink, though.

Koenji feels a lot like Gotanda. Lots of older women or less appealing women with absolutely gorgeous women walking in and out of the no gaijin shops (aka kirakira).

But yeah I never heard bad about Koenji before but I can totally see what they mean haha. But I assume I'm one of the weirder people that hang out around there.

I've been told by more than one Japanese person to avoid Koenji, lol.

Another guy from the area told me that a number of those weird people on TV live around there...

That said, I've been to Koenji a grand total of two times... haha.

Thank you, however, for the intelligence report. It will be appreciated!
I like Koenji hahahaha Have seen all these places mentioned in the thread but have never gone as there was no need at the time. Under the tracks heading towards asagaya is a killer beef stick place.....

I like Koenji, too! Once the new Shimokitazawa station opens, Koenji is going to be the last punk bastion of Tokyo :(

Reactions: Sudsy
I like Koenji, too! Once the new Shimokitazawa station opens, Koenji is going to be the last punk bastion of Tokyo :(
I think you're 100% correct on that.....

The guy working at Paradise walked me around d Koenji. His shop requires conversational Japanese and pictures show okay looking women more or less. He walked me to Charmmy but I told him that place was terrible. He said maybe Sakura Drops but I've been denied before. He couldn't think of any gaijin friendly in Koenji that didn't have sub par looking women.

Yeah I saw a girl at the mode-off there that had a few screws loose. They way she was acting, I could tell she had mental health issues. But she was wearing a skirt that didn't even reach half way down her backside, showing nearly all of her panties. That was an interesting day.