Guest viewing is limited

Closed List of places to avoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchinforfun

TAG Member
Reaction score
So today was I think the third time I have had it happen. Where I posted a review or a question about location and service. Then it was removed right away. Lol that alone answered my question. While I completely understand the reasons behind it. I am curious why there isn't a thread locked by management that basically says the following places shall not be mentioned on this forum due X reasons. So I don't even waste my time asking or reviewing plus I know to avoid them. I do understand not trying to promote them in anyway. But why not have list of bad or rip off places or scams.

I do understand not trying to promote them in anyway. But why not have list of bad or rip off
You answered your own question. Having a list is just as bad a promoting the problematic places.
I'd say that the basic rule -- if a shop is directly targeting foreigners or puts a claim to serving foreigners only, it's a big red flag.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd and Alice
Yeah no, the last thing we want is to antagonize those shops.

Some of them already lashed out to TAG and to independents in the past for taking away business from them.
This answer makes the most sense honestly. I could argue while it might promote them a little, It would hurt them more because I do tend to trust this forum more than any other ones I have found. I wouldn't want to deal with the drama anyway so that makes sense as well.

Last edited:
Some of them already lashed out to TAG and to independents in the past for taking away business from them.
Exactly.

One of them in particular launched a campaign of booking false appointments with indies to waste their time and tie up their calendars. One girl I know more than once came in to Tokyo - a three hour trip at the time - for false appointments. She wasted three hours on transit, plus the time and effort to get dressed up and made up, the travel expenses, and don't discount the emotional damage of finding out that the whole thing was an attack on her personally.

If they're banned from discussion on TAG, then they're really NOT someone you should be supporting.

Exactly.

One of them in particular launched a campaign of booking false appointments with indies to waste their time and tie up their calendars. One girl I know more than once came in to Tokyo - a three hour trip at the time - for false appointments. She wasted three hours on transit, plus the time and effort to get dressed up and made up, the travel expenses, and don't discount the emotional damage of finding out that the whole thing was an attack on her personally.

If they're banned from discussion on TAG, then they're really NOT someone you should be supporting.
Wow that's some petty s #$_ to be honest. Now I know

Ohh wow. Have been wondering for a while what those places had done to be banned from even being mentioned on the site.
Glad I never gave them my business.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
Apologies, going to lock this down because there is no reason to keep adding comments to it. It will just simply make people more curious and ask more questions, which is what we're trying to avoid.
It's not about us being rude, but it comes down to the phrase "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all..." I just don't want to be dragged down into this never-ending rabbit hole again.

I've been working with this industry for just shy of 20 years now and It's amazing how the landscape has changed for both the good and the bad. My first and foremost priority goes to the workers who provide these services, so we also consider how they are treated by the shops they work for.

PS: Stop sending me direct messages asking for more details, it's not happening. This statement (above) is all you will get.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.