Long time lurker and finally visiting Japan

jnguy179

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm finally visiting Japan in a few days and will be in Osaka for some of it. My Japanese is very basic and I'm Asian American. I've been looking at imekuras around Osaka and decided on this one: https://namba.mousou-jk.com/top Does anyone have any knowledge on this shop and if they accept foreigners? I noticed they accepted AMEX and Mastercard so I assumed they accepted foreigners. I also reached out via their inquiries page but never received a response. If this place is Japanese only, are there any other recommendations for gaijin-friendly imekuras in Tokyo/Osaka? Thanks in advance!

It doesn't say on the website but most likely they do not cater to non Japanese speakers.

Visa/Amex is accepted at most places(not only at places that caters to foreigners) but not recommended since it 1. leaves mongering traces 2. normally has a fee of +20%. Pay cash!

Last edited:
Reactions: nerdynerd
Hey everyone, I'm finally visiting Japan in a few days and will be in Osaka for some of it. My Japanese is very basic and I'm Asian American. I've been looking at imekuras around Osaka and decided on this one: https://namba.mousou-jk.com/top Does anyone have any knowledge on this shop and if they accept foreigners? I noticed they accepted AMEX and Mastercard so I assumed they accepted foreigners. I also reached out via their inquiries page but never received a response. If this place is Japanese only, are there any other recommendations for gaijin-friendly imekuras in Tokyo/Osaka? Thanks in advance!
From
・当店スタッフより、営業・運営上での各注意事項や禁止事項をお守り頂けないと判断した方のご利用等

"Based on the judgement of our staff, usage of our services will be denied to those operating in the same realm of business, or by those who are deemed to be unable to observe/understand the various precautions and prohibitions in the operation."

I'd guess this place is good with Japanese speaking foreigners, but only decently conversational or above.

Reactions: nerdynerd

I'm guessing you're trying to have an experience that's different from what a shinchi will provide you? Maybe its just me personally, but in Osaka, I feel like that's the experience to have there.

I can't speak for Osaka or for every service in Tokyo, but in my experience Imekuras are in general less gajin friendly than regular Delivery/Hotel-Health shops.... even with slightly better Japanese. I guess because of the roleplaying aspect of it, which won't be possible anyway if your Japanese is not up to par. I think it is probably easier to find a gaijin-frienly Delivery Health shop where you can book an additional cosplay-option instead, especially if your Japanese is very basic.

I guess JK Style in Tokyo is well known and you can find many reviews here on the forums. Regular Cosplay is part of the booking and the shop was one of the more accessible ones......at least before/during Corona. Haven't used them in a long time. Try your luck an report back.

Update: I reached out to 2 of the girls and they were open to foreigners and said it depended on the girl. I also managed to reserve one of them but it didn’t make it through because I didn’t have a Japanese phone number at the time. When I went to the shop, I told the clerk, “gaijin wa daijobu desu ka?” He sat me down and probably called any girls that accepted foreigners and were available. Unfortunately none were so I ended up going home. Definitely will come back with a Japanese phone number. lol