Love hotel as regular hotel?

jiayi

TAG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck staying at a love hotel for more than one night and using it as a regular hotel? What about one night stay (in which case, do they allow you to come and go as you please)?

Has anyone had any luck staying at a love hotel for more than one night and using it as a regular hotel? What about one night stay (in which case, do they allow you to come and go as you please)?

Never stayed at a love hotel more than one night. Some love hotels try to rent out their rooms via booking agencies for multiple days, but I personally wouldn't like to use a love hotel as an alternative to a regular hotel. It would feel strange to live there a few days.

You have to check the hotel's website to see their policies. Some allow you to leave and come back during the time.
Of course that's not possible everywhere, especially the hotel's with auto-lock and payment on the room work differently.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
I’ve done it dozens of times in Osaka. If you book online, like with Booking.com, you can book certain love hotels as regular hotels, check in at 15:00 and have multiple guests come and go(if that’s your plan). I haven’t tried this in Tokyo yet, however, and I live here lol.

Reactions: Alice
I also did it once in Osaka, booked through Expedia and didn't realize until later that it was a love hotel. I went out, came back, and had a lady over with no problems. I agree with Danbo that it would be weird to stay more than one night, I felt weird even for just the one night.

Reactions: ThaWeeknd
If it has 宿泊/shukuhaku option on the panel then no reason that it won't allow you in.

Did that for 2 nights in Sapporo because my flight was delayed and just wanted a cheap bed to sleep. I think the only concern is that the rooms are less attended (like the rest of other cheap ass hotels globally...). Also we didn't leave anything in room when we went out just to be safe, and roamed around with two fully packed backpacks.

I once need a hotel for just 1 night due to bad planning on my part and it was so last minute that even cheap places were costly. Ended up booking at perrier in kabukicho for an overnight via happyhotels website because I had plans with a lady anyways so it actually ended up being the best option cost wise instead of paying for a normal hotel + paying for a LH for the girl.

Was a Japanese style room with tatami mats and yea, actually I liked it a lot having a room like that in the middle of shinjuku haha.

I was able to book it without a Japanese phone number and very little Japanese ability somehow, I don't remember the specifics it was a year ago.

I wouldn't do multiple nights either though.

Internet cafes are also a great deal. 6000-8000 yen every 24 hours and you just need to remember to ask for an extension every 24 hours or so. Wifi, bathrooms, showers, and laundry all included. Showers and laundry can be paid services though (Kaikatsu Club does the former for free)

Internet cafes are also a great deal. 6000-8000 yen every 24 hours and you just need to remember to ask for an extension every 24 hours or so. Wifi, bathrooms, showers, and laundry all included. Showers and laundry can be paid services though (Kaikatsu Club does the former for free)
Good point I really need to remember that. Ironically the place I was staying at that I had to checkout of is literally right next door to one too.

And if you’re not going to use the pool, gym, and massage/onsen service they have, you’re just paying double for an actual bed and free towels (out of the like 5 I’ve stayed at so far, only 1 has free towels)

You only “make your money’s worth” at a hotel if you stay for multiple days because they only let you check in at like 4pm and kick you out at 10am and don’t get to use 24 hours until the second day. Less than 12 hours for 12000 yen where as you can pay like 4000 at a Internet cafe for the same time

In that regard Gran Cyber Cafe Bagus may be worth checking out, saw on a couple youtube videos you should be able to book a couple days at a time, though showers were extra.