Love Hotel Question

Macpark

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi...this is my first post. I am planning to be in Tokyo next month (travelling solo) and was wondering...would anyone recommend staying at a love hotel? Booking.com has a lot of them listed and they seem relatively cheap compared to the standard Tokyo hotel with much bigger rooms. Anyone ever booked one of these places instead of a regular hotel? Anything I should know before I do this? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Definitely!
Love hotels over business hotels any day. They have spacious rooms and bubblebaths and are about as clean as regular hotel rooms (people in regular hotels have sex as well, its nothing to freak out about).
Might get a little bit noisy but that would depend on the hotel. It has not kept me awake during my stays and it can be a fun turn on if you don’t want to sleep yet.

I'd be careful, you often can't leave, though if they are on booking.com, they may be making an exception. (has this changed in Tokyo?)

If you are travelling, and just need a place to sleep, that works, but if you think of a hotel as the place to leave your stuff when you go out, you may be in for a surprise...

Reactions: Macpark
Not sure about multi-day stays but most of the ones in Tokyo will let you leave and re-enter now. I’ve popped out to the store, etc a few times and never had a problem.

I'd be careful, you often can't leave, though if they are on booking.com, they may be making an exception. (has this changed in Tokyo?)

If you are travelling, and just need a place to sleep, that works, but if you think of a hotel as the place to leave your stuff when you go out, you may be in for a surprise...
I didn’t have this problem when i stayed in love hotels in osaka either though.
In tokyo maybe some cheap places where you dont wanna stay anyway dont want you to leave the room until check out but the nice ones are usually ok.

If you check in for one night the regular way, you often have to leave your bags at the front because you cant enter before 20.00 or so.
I think through booking.com you can get the room for multiple days though and can go in and out as much as you want and leave your bags there the whole day.

Reactions: Macpark
At my go-to hotel in Shibuya I've never heard so much as peep from the next door rooms. I guess some hotels soundproof their rooms better than others.

At the love hotel I stayed in at Tennoji a few times for p4p as well as just to stay because it's nice, I book it through booking.com. You can go in and out as often as you want like a regular hotel no problem. All they ask is that whenever you go out that you leave the key with them and upon returning they will give you the key back. The love hotel I use books for the day, no by the hour.

I was staying at a love hotel in Korea on my last trip. Way cheaper than any hostel I was looking at and the room was really nice! Big bed, spacious and nice bathroom with bathtub too. The cost was about 5000 yen for 2 nights together. A bit far from Seoul center but reasonable. Staff really nice as well.
Not all love hotels in japan do that and I think it’s mainly the high end ones. If I had to choose between a nice love hotel room and a hostel or maybe even hotel, I would go for the love hotel.

Definitely don't think you'll find one that cheap, in Tokyo at least. They're mid-range at their cheapest.

I stayed at J Mex in Shinjuku for 2 nights lately and no issues with leaving for a while. We went in one night, then left for a few hours in the day and asked them to do a clean up, then came back no problem. Popped out a couple times to run to the store and such as well, they just give a little card and let you back in.

Was around 35000 for 2 nights, and considering the size of the room and amenities, that's not bad. Any normal hotel in the 15000 - 20000 a night range isn't likely to have a jacuzzi and sauna right in the room anyway I think. (and a normal hotel may ding you for double occupancy on top of that... so a love hotel may even be cheaper if 2 people are staying)