Love hotels busy times

Aurelius7

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm about to use love hotels for the first time , so I want to ask if it will be difficult to find a room in a love hotel during weekends ? any clues ?

Hello all,
I'm about to use love hotels for the first time , so I want to ask if it will be difficult to find a room in a love hotel during weekends ? any clues ?

Depends on the area and the time of the day. If it is in Tokyo and near a major train station and late at night be prepared to walk around before finding a room.

Depends on the area and the time of the day. If it is in Tokyo and near a major train station and late at night be prepared to walk around before finding a room.

Thank you very much for your reply . I am thinking about Saturday around 5:00 pm in Shinjuku . Shall I be worried?

Thank you very much for your reply . I am thinking about Saturday around 5:00 pm in Shinjuku . Shall I be worried?

There are lots of hotels in Shinjuku so if you are happy to take any room you can find then I think you'll be OK after a short search. But if you have a certain hotel or a certain room in mind then you should be worried.

There are lots of hotels in Shinjuku so if you are happy to take any room you can find then I think you'll be OK after a short search. But if you have a certain hotel or a certain room in mind then you should be worried.

Thank you , Mike.

In my experience, from 1:30pm through 4:30pm-ish on weekend in Shinjuku is the most difficult time to find a room.

It is funny, more clean, upscale hotels like Bali an, JHT group hotel such as Pasha, Forsion etc are even harder to get a room. Reasonable, small hotels are usually slightly easier to find vacancy.

When my clients want to meet me at a love hotel on weekend, I explain the situation and suggest them to meet me before noon or after 5pm.

In my experience, from 1:30pm through 4:30pm-ish on weekend in Shinjuku is the most difficult time to find a room.

It is funny, more clean, upscale hotels like Bali an, JHT group hotel such as Pasha, Forsion etc are even harder to get a room. Reasonable, small hotels are usually slightly easier to find vacancy.

When my clients want to meet me at a love hotel on weekend, I explain the situation and suggest them to meet me before noon or after 5pm.

Thank you , Manami . Though I don't know what to do . My schedule is very tight and am afraid about the room availability and as of now , even regular hotels prices are way too expensive . Any recommendations?

Thank you , Manami . Though I don't know what to do . My schedule is very tight and am afraid about the room availability and as of now , even regular hotels prices are way too expensive . Any recommendations?

Don't worry, as long as you're not too picky on price, etc, you can find a room. Shinjuku has hundreds of love hotels. The first ones you see are usually booked, but just go in all of them and you'll find one with a room. Sometimes they might be cleaning the room so you might have to wait a little bit also. Just ask at the front desk.

Reactions: Aurelius7

Ahh i agree. I wonder why its like that.

I’ve always managed to find a room in the end.. worst case you have to try at a few hotels or wait 10 minutes somewhere. Skip the first few hotels in the row since they will likely be full and are some of the most expensive.
Go for some of the more simple hotels in the middle of the street.

I wonder why its like that.
Salesmen skiving off in the afternoon meeting housewives getting some in before the kids are home from school club.

Ahh i agree. I wonder why its like that.

I’ve always managed to find a room in the end.. worst case you have to try at a few hotels or wait 10 minutes somewhere. Skip the first few hotels in the row since they will likely be full and are some of the most expensive.
Go for some of the more simple hotels in the middle of the street.

Any names you would recommend ? , for the ones I know are listo and Pasha .

Any names you would recommend ? , for the ones I know are listo and Pasha .
Listo is likely to have some rooms available because of how huge they are. The rooms are pretty basic though. Pasha is likely to be full.
If you are talking about that particular row of love hotel that starts with Listo, XO, Tiffard, grand farre, giardo, la pia and Cean are nice and depending on time can be pretty value for money if you stay short time. For a longer time, Aland is on the old side but can be reasonable especially for longer sessions. So is A style.
There are a few other streets with love hotels in kabuki cho as well.
The majority of hotels are pretty decent but some may not be happy with foreigners with low Japanese level who arrive without a Japanese lady (not sure if that applies to you) or they could be full. So just walk into a few (trust your own judgement. Some places do look nicer on the outside, but if the outside looks grotty then maybe skip), check the price beforehand and don’t worry about walking out if nothing reasonable is available. There are a lot of hotels in town and i’m sure you can find one.

Try booking the love hotel online. While most love hotels are not, a few like J-Mex are available through travel websites like Kayak and Agoda. That way the room is reserved for the entire night. It usually runs about $250 USD per night on weekends. I have used that method many times instead of walking up and taking a chance on no availability.

Friday night, Sat. Sun 11:30- 17:00 18:30- 21:00, holiday such as Christmas, Valentine's day, White day better avoid, or make reservation way ahead , are especially busy. Don't go to Roppongi for those time, as there are only 2 or very isolated. Maybe APA day use reservation might be worth trying, as well.

But for others Gotanda, Shibuya, Shinjuku, Ikebukuro, Uguisudani, you can find somewhere, checking one by one.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland