Lurker in Japan, getting scammed multiple times. Need some help.

shogun1c

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been lurking the forums for a long time.
I recently arrived in Tokyo and have gotten scammed by a delivery health org and a soapland.
I am kind of really frustrated, and could use some help.
Would really appreciate someone who can help me figure out what I am doing wrong.
Thanks

Yeah, if you want advice we need detailed information. Name of the shops and what exactly went wrong.

Reactions: requiemmorrow
As others have mentioned, more details will help.

Some anecdotal stuff: Name of shops as well as the area you were trying to p4p. I've heard horror stories of colleagues from my country. I asked them where they went and they said Kabukicho and Ikebukuro. I asked why didn't they go to the most famous area - Yoshiwara (it's been around since the early 1600s), they said they never heard of it and only read about Kabukicho.
Personal thought: Is Yoshiwara really that much less famous to foreigners compared to Kabukicho despite the former's much longer history?

Back on topic, like all things in life - success is determined by preparation and opportunity. Whether you're going for holiday, seeking a job, or p4p:

(1) Know what you want (the generalities). This means having clear goals (e.g. I want CFS, BBBJ, and I'm prepared to pay XYZ at most). Know where to go to get it, want to say, what to do, what to avoid. Yes, this means you need to study (read reviews, compare areas, think hard about what you want). I don't know, I guess the educational system in many countries leave a bad taste in many people's mouths. If you want a higher success rate in p4p, at least put on your thinking cap (on the big head on top, you can cap the other head later before you insert it).

(2) Plan, plan and plan (the details). How are you going to get to the shop? Example: If you place to take the Hibiya subway line to Minowa station and walk from there, are you going to look at your phone all the time? That's going to give you away as an unsure foreigner. We're already playing with a disadvantage as a foreigner, at least be confident by planning properly.

During my first time to yoshiwara, my plan was to exit Minowa station by exit 1a, head to junction 306 (straight from the exit) which is a crossroads, to my right is a McDonalds, turn right and keep walking straight (10-20 minutes depending on your walking speed) until I see a fire station(東京消防庁日本堤消防署) beside me on my right, immediately after that turn right and walk down a short distance (3-5 minutes), I will have reached Hishoshitsu (a SL recommended on this forum), and thus know that I'm in Yoshiwara. Notice that I mentally noted landmarks and directions, minimised twists and turns, never needing to check my phone the whole time. Of course there are faster ways if you know how to cut through the various side streets/alleys, but don't make it harder on yourself during the first visit.

Regarding the provider, try to check city heaven, playgirl.ne.jp, 26style, or her twitter (<shop name> <space> <provider's name>). Copy and paste is your friend if you have no Japanese language ability. Read, read and read, then think, think and think. This reduces (but does not eliminate) the chance of a 地雷嬢 (i.e. stepping on a land mine). Some accept first time bookings from DMs, others mention in their bio/profile that first time customers should book through the shop instead - if you can't read Japanese, google translate is your friend.

(3) Execution of the plan and contingencies. If you didn't reserve time with a specific provider, be prepared that she may not be available.
Regarding the shop, if offered girl(s) that you don't like: are you going to settle and pick one or do you plan or giving a quite apology and leaving?
Sometimes the male staff of the shop offer a very narrow selection to first time customers (especially foreigners), even though many of the girls are "grinding tea". Do you plan to be assert a little, and politely ask if so-and-so is available if you'd followed point 2 above and checked the girl's schedule, she might be free? This might pay off, or might backfire - hence the need to have contingencies, what have you pre-planned?

Regarding the actual play: Do you plan to be "dead fish" and let the provider service you? Are you well hung and possibly have trouble inserting into her? What are you going to do then? How do you intend to communicate with the provider?

~~~~~~

You've probably noticed by now that I see p4p as having a key intellectual aspect, the planning starts weeks before arriving in Japan, and I mean a concrete, well thought out plan with fallbacks. Yes, we are all seeking pleasures of the flesh, but the more you're willing to use your big head on top, the higher the chance of success you'll have getting pleasure with your other head down there.

The reason I typed so much is because:

(i) You mentioned getting scammed multiple times, this screams of no/insufficient planning. Even when going on holiday to enjoy, please do study on the customs, local culture, public transportation, social faux pas, and a bit of the language a few weeks before if possible. I've seen so many people balk at studying, then struggle with this or that when they arrive and get so stressed just trying to buy pocky at Haneda's airport duty free shop.

Sidenote: In the end, I told the lady: if you can't speak Japanese, just google a picture and show the staff. The reply was "that's so clever, I never thought of that!" ... No madam, that isn't clever, it's called common sense as "a picture speaks a thousand words". Speaking English slower to someone who seems to have trouble understanding any English at all is unlikely to help.

(ii) Lack of details, so I'm throwing out what I can think of right now, since I might not check the forums for a week due to the festive season.

Last edited:
Well Yoshiwara has been a red light district for ages but it is just a relative short time it has been available to foreigners too. Roppongi on the other hand was pretty much build for scamming the foreign hordes so no wonder it is the more known area.

Reactions: Maxblack
Personal thought: Is Yoshiwara really that much less famous to foreigners compared to Kabukicho despite the former's much longer history?

Of course. If you have never been to Japan, your view and expectations are heavily influenced by how media portraits it.
There are so many movies, video games, animes, documentaries about Kabukicho that it seems to be the central redlight district of all of Japan. Yoshiwara is never mentioned anywhere.

When I started out with P4P and had no clue of anything, I also knew only about Kabukicho and Yoshiwara as the main spots and that a bit is going on in Ikebukuro. When it comes to the sheer number of shops and providers Ikebukuro is actually the biggest of them all. It's not obvious if you don't dive in deep.

Reactions: requiemmorrow
Ikebukuro is actually the biggest of them all. It's not obvious if you don't dive in deep.
I wouldn’t say Ikebukuro is that deep, though. It’s quite visible from the surface.

I would say the bukuro is the tunnel entrance…

Of course. If you have never been to Japan, your view and expectations are heavily influenced by how media portraits it.
There are so many movies, video games, animes, documentaries about Kabukicho that it seems to be the central redlight district of all of Japan. Yoshiwara is never mentioned anywhere.

I guess our experience differs then. Before my first visit to Japan, I knew about Yoshiwara and also knew to avoid Kabukicho. I'm also wary of general media portrayals and will take time to research from an every day standpoint, historical standpoint, read academic papers, read various perspectives of their relationship with the natives of the land. (e.g. the Ainu people, or another example when I was preparing for Finland, I read up on the Sámi people and how the Finno-Ugric languages evolved, etc.). as well as current political and economic concerns. I do this for every country I visit, so the impact of popular media on my perception is limited despite never having been to a place.

So... Yoshiwara is mentioned if someone pays attention. Don't people read about the history, politics, economy, technological developments, and other areas, instead of relying solely on current/popular media?

For my first visit to Japan... in total, I spent about half a year planning. Reading up on history and culture from the Jomon, Yayoi, Kofun, Asuka, etc. all the way until modern day, took time to understand their cultural zeitgeist, various dialects, their national debt, relations with other nations, etc.

In short, I put in effort before my trips and I'm already lowering the standard by expecting people to do decent research, not to the level of detail I do, but maybe 50% of it.

Last edited:
For my first visit to Japan... in total, I spent about half a year planning. Reading up on history and culture from the Jomon, Yayoi, Kofun, Asuka, etc. all the way until modern day, took time to understand their cultural zeitgeist, various dialects, their national debt, relations with other nations, etc.

In short, I put in effort before my trips and I'm already lowering the standard by expecting people to do decent research, not to the level of detail I do, but maybe 50% of it.

Sure, there is nothing wrong about diving deep into history and learning as much about a country as possible, but I think there are limits. You can plan as much as you want, but reality always differs from textbooks and if you just hang out with people, drink, have fun, dive into P4P etc nobody cares about historical knowledge.......it's more about street smarts and reading the air I would say 😉

Reactions: Dethyl
I guess our experience differs then. Before my first visit to Japan, I knew about Yoshiwara and also knew to avoid Kabukicho.

....and despite all the horrible stories I really have to defend Kabukicho. Didn't use it much for P4P because Ikebukuro has just a lot more to offer, but for getting shitfaced drunk in super strange bars there is no better place. Just don't talk to people on the streets and inform yourself about the places you wanna go to. There is nothing that comes close in other parts of Tokyo.

....and despite all the horrible stories I really have to defend Kabukicho. Didn't use it much for P4P because Ikebukuro has just a lot more to offer, but for getting shitfaced drunk in super strange bars there is no better place. Just don't talk to people on the streets and inform yourself about the places you wanna go to. There is nothing that comes close in other parts of Tokyo.

I see why it really differs then. :LOL: I'm allergic to consumed alcohol, as in the "unable to breathe" kind of allergy. I'll get sent to the hospital or be dead. Getting shitfaced drunk is not something I'm into (or able to experience). Even something like jolly shandy will trigger it.

Last edited:
Define scammed?
I had the girl walk out on me after I paid her. She just said she was going to use the bathroom, but she just left out the front door. She seemed to be in a horrible mood from the start, and I should have taken that as a red flag. I felt like I was robbed like an idiot. I still feel depressed about it.

Another instance, the delivery health sent me someone who looked absolutely nothing like the photo, was really overweight, spoke only Chinese. I didn't want to get in trouble with her or anyone else, so I paid her the full amount and then just asked her to leave.

This is a true struggle.

As others have mentioned, more details will help.

Some anecdotal stuff: Name of shops as well as the area you were trying to p4p. I've heard horror stories of colleagues from my country. I asked them where they went and they said Kabukicho and Ikebukuro. I asked why didn't they go to the most famous area - Yoshiwara (it's been around since the early 1600s), they said they never heard of it and only read about Kabukicho

(ii) Lack of details, so I'm throwing out what I can think of right now, since I might not check the forums for a week due to the festive season.

I really appreciate this. I thought I did plan, but actually you are really showing me a lot of stuff that I didn't realize. Thanks for this information.

I had the girl walk out on me after I paid her. She just said she was going to use the bathroom, but she just left out the front door. She seemed to be in a horrible mood from the start, and I should have taken that as a red flag. I felt like I was robbed like an idiot. I still feel depressed about it.

Another instance, the delivery health sent me someone who looked absolutely nothing like the photo, was really overweight, spoke only Chinese. I didn't want to get in trouble with her or anyone else, so I paid her the full amount and then just asked her to leave.
You said a delivery health and a soapland. You don't pay the women directly in a soap.

Where did you find these places?

You said a delivery health and a soapland. You don't pay the women directly in a soap.

Where did you find these places?
I used Google Maps and searched for ソープ near my hotel which is near 品川 Shinagawa Station.
I also searched for デリヘル on Google and some pages with rankings came up. One had a lot of star ratings (how is it determined? not sure), so I picked that one.

As far as paying the women directly, I was also surprised but they said to pay her after I got the room. I was told to first book the love hotel which was like 7000 Yen, and then once I knew the room number, I was supposed to call back the soap place and let them know. And then, I was supposed to hand the girl the agreed amount plus transportation fees which came to 70000.

Also when she arrived, she asked for an extra 10000 because she said she provides really good service and is very popular. But I refused. I didn't even get the impression she would provide good service. She seemed cold and distant. And actually I'm not surprised she just left.

Last edited:
I used Google Maps and searched for ソープ near my hotel which is near 品川 Shinagawa Station.
I also searched for デリヘル on Google and some pages with rankings came up. One had a lot of star ratings (how is it determined? not sure), so I picked that one.
OK, and which ones did you select? I'd like to take a look at the info to see if there's red flags to spot.

OK, and which ones did you select? I'd like to take a look at the info to see if there's red flags to spot.
Sorry I went to try to find the ones I selected but my brain has them all confused now. I've been looking at so many of them since then, trying to find more.

Sorry I went to try to find the ones I selected but my brain has them all confused now. I've been looking at so many of them since then, trying to find more.
Browser history from the days in question?

Browser history from the days in question?
I looked through the history and there's so many I could easily be mistaken. I would feel bad for just guessing and bad mouthing a legit shop. I should have taken better notes. I'll take more detailed notes for my next attempt, because I feel like it's not the end of my days of getting scammed yet. I'll post here again with details.

I looked through the history and there's so many I could easily be mistaken. I would feel bad for just guessing and bad mouthing a legit shop. I should have taken better notes. I'll take more detailed notes for my next attempt, because I feel like it's not the end of my days of getting scammed yet. I'll post here again with details.
Mate, do yourself a favour and check the reviews here, and stick to the reviewed shops. The reviews here are actually vetted to weed out the fakes, unlike some places.

Yeah, I am also wondering, because you are writing about it on this forum. Here you can read hundreds of reviews of trustworthy delivery services and shops that have been used by many different users. If you are new to this just stick to shops you can be sure work well and are easy to use. Don't experiment with stuff nobody knows about.

Reactions: Negi77 and shogun1c
Soaps don’t deliver and you don’t pay the girl…and there are none in Shinagawa. So you are most definitely confused.
Sorry for your loss but glad it can serve as a lesson for others.

Or phone number from call history?

Reactions: Cinnabums