mid-time stay in Osaka - accommodation

gelupal

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

In a near future, I plan to visit Osaka for approximately 1-2month vacations/work (I thing the night life is better for Europeans there than in Tokyo). I will be working home-office for a month and then use a vacation days.
What do you recommend me regarding accommodation? What is the best price wise options? Hotels or some small apartments? Most important is stable internet connection, of course. I'm not sure if I want to stay and work at hotel room, they usually have shitty internet connections.
I plan to visit Tobitas quite a lot and have a nice night-life in clubs/izakayas during that time, so I wonder I there is possibility to find something near by. Where do you look for accommodations for longer stays?
Also what do you think is a reasonable price for 1month stay?

The hotels close to Tobita charge about ¥2000-¥2500 per day. Maybe you can ask them about longer stays. There are also some share houses where you can stay for a month, minimum that charge for around ¥70,000.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alice
I used Oak House (https://oakhouse.jp) when I was in Yokohama for about 3 months last summer. I had an ~42 m^2 1K apartment for ¥152,000/month. Looks like they don't have any locations in Osaka, though. Only Kyoto and Kobe.

Also, one thing to be aware of, Oak House's apartments don't include any dishes, cookware, utensils, etc. So I ended up having to buy a plate, a glass, a knife, a fork, etc. from Daiso, then throw them out when I left, because I didn't have room for them in my luggage.

The hotels close to Tobita charge about ¥2000-¥2500 per day. Maybe you can ask them about longer stays. There are also some share houses where you can stay for a month, minimum that charge for around ¥70,000.
Looks almost cheaper than long stay on share house. I was not expecting that. Actually I would prefer small single apartment, do you know what is the best place to look for those on web? Also places that rent for foreigners.

If you’re just gonna stay a couple of months at most, I think the minimum single apartments would let you rent is a year contract. Or you could just go with what the other poster suggested. There are many other fees associated with renting an apartment here like, key money, gift money and more. For the share houses you all share a common area but have private rooms.

A company called Leopalace21 usually has monthly apartments for rent in various parts of Japan. Those apartments tend to be tiny yet private.

Check out their English website:

https://www.leopalace21.com/en
Just be aware that the walls are about is thick as a sheet of tissue paper - our company used to put up new arrivals from overseas in their units, a common complaint was being able to hear the next door neighbour snoring at night.

Just be aware that the walls are about is thick as a sheet of tissue paper - our company used to put up new arrivals from overseas in their units, a common complaint was being able to hear the next door neighbour snoring at night.
True, some of their properties are like that, but not all of them.

The term to look for is monthly mansions I believe. I have heard of sakura house I almost tried using. I have used https://www.weekly-monthly.net/ and they are pretty shit... but at the end of the day had a place in a good location for a semi reasonable cost (compared to hotels anyways). Also I stayed in a hotel from this MYSTAYS group which are also pretty cheap mediocre little places, but it had a small kitchen to use so it was sufficient for me.

Regarding internet unless you regularly download large files or something practically anywhere should have good enough internet to handle some video calls or something.

For what it's worth I have worked on APA hotel wifi before and was totally fine. I have even worked on a pocket wifi connection before too and it was fine, including video calls to the US.

Last edited: