Might purchase Express VPN?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I used to use Astrill, but I keep reading that they keep data logs, which is bullshit. So I stopped using them and I'm thinking about purchasing Express VPN after I do the free 30 day trial.

I was chatting with their live support online and they were claiming that a lot of people in Japan use Express VPN, which is believable. After asking about using Express VPN and the Tor browser at the same time, they claimed I would be fully invisible to my ISP at all times, which I know is bs.

Even if you use a VPN and Tor, with Tor bridges, there is no way to remain fully invisible to your ISP at all times...so why are they claiming such bs? I keep reading that their VPN is amazing and their support is great too. Just thought my chat with them was a little strange.

They also claimed that nobody using their VPN in Japan has ever had an issue with their ISP temporarily suspending their internet, etc.

What are your thoughts on this? If you use Express VPN here in Japan...what are your thoughts on that too?

Astrill states in their web pages that they keep no logs at all.

This is based on my memory but I think they were asked if they would co-operate with law enforcement if they were issued a court order and they said, of course, but unfortunately we have nothing to show to them.

Astrill states in their web pages that they keep no logs at all.

This is based on my memory but I think they were asked if they would co-operate with law enforcement if they were issued a court order and they said, of course, but unfortunately we have nothing to show to them.

They all say that but in situations like this, they would not provide browser logs (which they claim not to keep) but they would hand over connection logs, which all VPN companies keep.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I have been using vpn now for more than 2 years.

Didn't had any issue with suspension from my ISP.

Regarding expressvpn it is one of the top vpn providers with excellent customer support.
A point to note , the company is registered out of US so can't take their word for no logging.