Missile warning false alarm

I agree with "a political stunt", but not to the degree many folks will froth about.

Attachments

• 26841218_10155016274961960_585765751203935554_o.jpg
    26841218_10155016274961960_585765751203935554_o.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: Malick
I agree with "a political stunt", but not to the degree many folks will froth about.

I agree with you. The media will spin it up because it sells news. The majority don’t realize they are getting tooled by both sides. The whole “missle alert program” is politically driven. Hawaii already has an alert system for disasters, no need to tie it to NK fears to make it seem like it’s for the NK threat specifically, other than for political reasons. Both sides are trying to profit from the NK situation. I don’t buy it for one minute it was human error. Too many checks and balances to prevent that from happening.

Better have a false alarm and no missile, rather than real missile and no alarm.

True. The public in general don’t know what they don’t know and accept without question what they are spoon fed by the media and politicians. “The more we do to you, the less you believe we are doing it” Was it an intentional false alarm? If so who did it benefit?

Reactions: JaquesAfrog
Better have a false alarm and no missile, rather than real missile and no alarm.

I am not so sure. Missile with no alarm leaves you 15 more minutes to live normally before you die. Missile with alarm let's you poop in your pants and panic and then die.

The public will not be warned if there is a real missile attack, because... there is absolutely nothing you can do when the missiles are in-bound.

Reactions: MikeH
The public will not be warned if there is a real missile attack, because... there is absolutely nothing you can do when the missiles are in-bound.

Well, you have 15 minutes and looking at some TAG reviews some guys would be able to go full three rounds on that time. :eek::p

I am not so sure. Missile with no alarm leaves you 15 more minutes to live normally before you die. Missile with alarm let's you poop in your pants and panic and then die.

In either case, lawyers in hell sue the government for gross negligence or for exposing the public to the 15 minutes of agony.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Missile with no alarm leaves you 15 more minutes to live normally before you die. Missile with alarm let's you poop in your pants and panic and then die.

If you're in Tokyo? Get underground, and you actually have a pretty good chance. 15 minutes is enough for anyone downtown to get down into a subway tunnel.

If you're in Tokyo? Get underground, and you actually have a pretty good chance. 15 minutes is enough for anyone downtown to get down into a subway tunnel.

Preciously few metro tunnels in Hawaii if I recall correctly. :p

If it is Tokyo and a conventional missile then you'll be fine unless you are directly under it. If it's nuclear then you live a bit longer if you are underground.

Last time when they gave the alarm in Japan was for Hokkaido. Nowhere to go there either; unlike Europe they don't need to build bomb shelters by law in Japan.

I missed the alarm this morning and was almost late at work, almost...

I'm not to keen on surviving a nuclear or chemical attack. The aftermath is not going to worth living for.

But think of all those girls who told you they wouldn't sleep with you even if you were the last man in the earth and how good it feels to ask them how do they feel about it now?

Frankly, what kind of idiotic , suicidal, poorly managed country would bomb a target in Hawaii?! :D

Reactions: chaztagster
But think of all those girls who told you they wouldn't sleep with you even if you were the last man in the earth and how good it feels to ask them how do they feel about it now?
And think of how it will feel when they say "i still wont" :p

Reactions: MikeH
And think of how it will feel when they say "i still wont" :p

Give them some time; the ones alive will not all turn lesbians and those not alive will be soft and moist in a week or so. :eek::eek::alien:

images

Yup, nowhere to hide in Hawaii. No going underground unless you work for the civil defense agency or similar. If anything, even if N.Korea did launch for Hawaii, it would probably be at this point only 1 rocket to see if it would travel that far as they claim, much like they did over Hokkaido. And if it was to hit, most likely aimed at Pearl Harbor so many of the outer islands would be unaffected although depending which way the wind blows.