Guest viewing is limited

Mould Advice

chocolatechuo

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello!

The rainy season is approaching and it's getting really humid. I have had some problems in the last few month with mould. My apartment is clean and mould free but my futon had a bit of mould on it so I had to throw it away. I have a new double futon which is a nightmare to get out the window and hand on the line, but i have been doing so to make sure it gets ventilated. Now in raining season though I won't be able to do that.

Does anyone have any advice? My room is well ventilated. Can anyone recommend any products to use on it? This is my first rainy season in Japan so i'm a noob when it comes to futon maintenance :)

Thank you!

Go to the recycle shop and get a dehumidifier for your room. That is what we do during the summer months to keep the humidity down in the bedroom.

And if you're having mold problems with futon, get a sunoko (cedar slat platform) for under it, or Nitori sell carpets that let a lot of air through - the sunoko is better though, you can get ones that will let you raise it up in the middle when you go out for the day and let it dry all day long.

Make sure you don't dry wet clothes inside your apartment.

In the medium term, think about moving to a different apartment. Mould shouldn't be an issue in most Japanese apartments.

Mould can be bad for health so review Sudsy's advice at least.

Reactions: MikeH and impish
I prefer Husker Du to Sugar but that's just me. Extra credit to anyone who gets the reference....

Reactions: Wwanderer and Sudsy
I firmly believe Zen Arcade to be the top album of the 80s.

By derailing this thread, I'll probably get it shut down.

Whoops!

Reactions: Sudsy and Wwanderer
By derailing this thread, I'll probably get it shut down.

Whoops!

You can always blame the OP for the typo/misspelling...

But let's get this link in here before the thread is locked.

-Ww

Reactions: Sudsy
That album defines about 10 years of my life.

Bob Mould and Grant Hart are gods

Reactions: Wwanderer