Naniwa Soapland's New Campaign? Confused About Pricing.

notatallbald

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker. I've got a trip to Tokyo coming up in a few days and have been planning to visit a soapland for the first time, so I've been doing some research. Based on reviews from here and elsewhere, naniwa seems like a safe bet.

I was looking at their payment system page ( http://www.club-naniwa.com/system.html ) , however, and noticed a couple of curious items that I'm not sure what to make of. If anyone can read it better than my meager Japanese skills can, I would welcome clarification.

The first is what seems like their "Bon Anei Campaign", which seems to run through January.
There's the usual list of sessions and prices, with extra minutes tacked on for the campaign (60min to 70min, etc.). That's common enough. Prices are also fairly standard, with 40,000Y for 120min, 25000 for 60min etc.

What's confusing me is the wording above and below, which is:
通常のご入浴料金120分20,000Yを全額無料でご案内致します!
Tsuujou no gonyuuyoku-ryoukin 120fun 20000Y wo zengakumuryou de goannaiitashimasu!

As far as I'm able to translate, that seems to say that people who pay the "normal" entrance fee of 20,000Y for 120mins have the usual surcharges waived.

Where I'm confused is when I read the second thing, which is their
基本料金システム (Kihon Ryoukin System = Basic fee system)
Which only offers a 120min and 180 min course for 20,000 and 30,000 respectively.

The pricing seems off. The campaign price for a 120min session is 40,000, but the "basic charge" is 20,000 for a session of the same length. At that pricing, a 120min session is cheaper than a 70min session!

Why would their "sale" price be twice the basic price? The only catch I can detect is that you have to mention you saw it on the site when making a reservation.

I think I'm missing something.

Am I misreading the meaning of "basic fee" somehow (Fuzokuland has a lot of slang), and it's actually an additional charge (meaning I pay an extra 20,000-30,000 on top of the session price?)

Any help would be welcome!

The campaign prices are all inclusive.

The "normal" system only quotes the 入浴料 (nyuyokuryo) bathing fee, not the entire cost of the session. In soaplands in general, if the bathing fee is quoted, the total session cost is typically 2.5 to 3.5 times the bathing fee.

Reactions: notatallbald
The campaign prices are all inclusive.

The "normal" system only quotes the 入浴料 (nyuyokuryo) bathing fee, not the entire cost of the session. In soaplands in general, if the bathing fee is quoted, the total session cost is typically 2.5 to 3.5 times the bathing fee.

So that would mean the final price for the duration of the campaign is 20,000Y for a 120min session, yes? If that's the case then it would definitely be a good deal!

Of course, that would depend on me being able to convince them to give me the campaign price. It's my understanding that even if there isn't a gaijin tax at work foreigners don't usually get to participate in promo pricing.

Thanks for the clarification!

So that would mean the final price for the duration of the campaign is 20,000Y for a 120min session, yes?

No.

As I stated above, the campaign prices are all-inclusive - meaning 40K for 130 min, 33k for 100 min, and 25K for 70 min.

It's also worth mentioning that this isn't really a "campaign" - they're pretty much running those prices constantly in some form or another, though they are tacking on ten minutes this time.

No.

As I stated above, the campaign prices are all-inclusive - meaning 40K for 130 min, 33k for 100 min, and 25K for 70 min.

It's also worth mentioning that this isn't really a "campaign" - they're pretty much running those prices constantly in some form or another, though they are tacking on ten minutes this time.
Ah, OK! Sorry, I misread your reply. Thanks again!