Guest viewing is limited

Need Advice Regarding Dating In Japan

Vintz

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi TAG members, I just curious about dating Japanese woman. my background, I'm working in Japan for several months already, but no luck with Japanese woman. Do you have any suggestion to start communicating or even dating Japanese girl?

My background, Asia boy who never date a woman before, working as IT engineer in non Japanese company which is almost no woman in our division and we don't speak any Japanese in the company.

I hope i can hear TAG members point of view..

You said almost no woman? So there is a few woman right? What are you waiting for? I suggest you start off with them who is working in the same company with you which I assumed they are non-Japanese too.

Firstly get on Tinder - you may meet someone by swiping every time you have a free few minutes.

Then get on MeetUp - it's an app focused on group meet ups like language exchange, bar crawls, dinners etc - see if there is anything you like the look of.

Then go to the Hub, either by Shibuya crossing, Roppongi or Kabukicho. Have a couple of drinks and talk to random people/girls. God knows where it leads!

Good luck!

Firstly get on Tinder - you may meet someone by swiping every time you have a free few minutes.

Then get on MeetUp - it's an app focused on group meet ups like language exchange, bar crawls, dinners etc - see if there is anything you like the look of.

Then go to the Hub, either by Shibuya crossing, Roppongi or Kabukicho. Have a couple of drinks and talk to random people/girls. God knows where it leads!

Good luck!

Ditto on what @BladeRunner says. Go out there and mingle... make some friends and get some digits.

Reactions: BladeRunner
I wouldn't suggest you try chatting up the only woman in your company especially an IT company. It may affect your job if it's not welcomed.
You can try Meetup.com which has lots of events to just mingle. Make friends, talk, & expand. This is just one option.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
It depends on what you mean by "date"...if you want to just make friends in a platonic sense, joining activity classes would do (yoga, salsa, aikido, etc.), or visiting a church...I'm not totally joking with this suggestion.

Yeah, increasing any and all avenues of meeting people as some guys here have mentioned is a great place to start. Also, just try to be more social with everybody in general, like conbini clerks and waitresses. Don't hold them up from doing their job but having some casual chat in there along with the standard transactional stuff can get your social juices flowing. Try to also go out with some Japanese guys who work at your company or in your life, especially if they seem pretty social or cool, or have girls around them (I don't mean the super nerdy otaku guys, obviously). The best way to be comfortable talking with women is by being comfortable talking to lots of people in general. That said - don't get stuck talking only to dudes, actually DO go chat up the ladies as well!!