Nervous about getting drunk and coming off as annoying to my new coworkers?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
So tonight there is a dinner party for the New Year (late because we are too busy during the New Year holiday).

Some of the staff will be drinking, but most won't. I only plan to drink enough to get buzzed not drunk.

There is an older man that is actually an alcoholic, so he might be the only other person drinking and he will he drinking to get drunk.

There are fun and flirty women working here too and one drinks a lot but tomorrow she will drive to Disney Sea, so she won't be drinking tonight. We joke and I make her laugh everyday, but if she isn't drinking, I don't want to get drunk and joke around too much.

One other Japanese woman that I often make laugh asked me if I could teach her English and if I could find her a boyfriend?

I'm curious if people have ever been fired from just being loud and annoying to the other coworkers while they are drunk at the dinner party?

I'm not talking about sexual harassment or anything like that. I just mean like having too much energy and joking around too much.

Ive seen written warnings handed out for annoying but not harrasing behavior.

But being annoying in what way?

Sometimes the people complaining just have a stick up their ass. Their complaint is always arbitrary and subjective.

You could, alternatively, get drunk and be annoying in this forum. (y)

Not sure if you hate me or not, but even if you do...I guarantee nobody hates me like Mike H does. :hilarious:

Not sure if you hate me or not, but even if you do...I guarantee nobody hates me like Mike H does. :hilarious:

oh come on , nobody is a TJB « hater » here, not even me (and you branded me once as a gay soy boy or whatever). We love you TJB!
(Mikey is a bitch but not a hater :))

Reactions: MikeH
I'm curious if people have ever been fired from just being loud and annoying to the other coworkers while they are drunk at the dinner party?
I’ve seen people written up for their behaviour at office events, but I’ve never seen anyone actually get fired for simply being annoying, the only cases where I seen somebody get fired involved them getting naked, or their hand finding its way up somebody’s skirt. What usually happens to a person that is simply being annoying is that they get ostracized in the office,

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
So the dinner party was fun and the food was delicious. We just went to 牛角(Gyukaku) which most people on here most likely know about.

I only drank 2 beers so I didn't go all out. The two women I work with randomly shouted out that I'm an ikemen from the other table. I was sitting at a table with mostly guys because they were drinking beer and the women weren't drinking.

I find it odd that one of the women asked me to teach her English and to help her meet a boyfriend and then she calls me an ikemen. Maybe she is attracted to me but saying she wants to be my girlfriend is way too direct so she is being indirect by saying all these other things?

Either way, I don't plan to date her since we work together and even if dating is OK at this place (the president of the company and managers are really laid-back) I don't want to chance it. Not worth it at all to me. This woman and the other flirty one drink alcohol and even if they didn't drink tonight, they might invite me to go drinking with them in the future, who knows. Even if that does happen, I will just drink a beer or two and try to make an excuse to return to my apartment alone.

So the dinner party was fun and the food was delicious. We just went to 牛角(Gyukaku) which most people on here most likely know about.

I only drank 2 beers so I didn't go all out. The two women I work with randomly shouted out that I'm an ikemen from the other table. I was sitting at a table with mostly guys because they were drinking beer and the women weren't drinking.

I find it odd that one of the women asked me to teach her English and to help her meet a boyfriend and then she calls me an ikemen. Maybe she is attracted to me but saying she wants to be my girlfriend is way too direct so she is being indirect by saying all these other things?

Either way, I don't plan to date her since we work together and even if dating is OK at this place (the president of the company and managers are really laid-back) I don't want to chance it. Not worth it at all to me. This woman and the other flirty one drink alcohol and even if they didn't drink tonight, they might invite me to go drinking with them in the future, who knows. Even if that does happen, I will just drink a beer or two and try to make an excuse to return to my apartment alone.
I sounds to me like you are more talking to yourself than others on this forum. If that helps you, good on you. I usually drink a lot a these type of parties.

Back in the day, many moons ago, working for a larger company, we'd have large parties and people would get hammered. Lot of sleaziness went on, and a lot of it was by the more senior staff. No セクハラorパワーハラin those days.
No one ever got disciplined about it. Was the "victim" of a drunken 50+ year old female colleague in the back of a taxi one night, was groping me, and told the taxi to go to a love hotel. Didn't happen. I was late 20s and 50+ was beyond my tolerance factor.

I do have a friend who went to a job interview, got the job, and was invited to a mixer before they actually started the job. He go drunk and puked at the party, and the job offer got retracted. (Worked out well as he got a much better job offer not long after, which in turn led to his current company improving his employment conditions , and putting him on the fast track to promotion)

Is this your new farming job? We were all expecting you to send us big cardboard boxes of potatoes as thanks for putting up with your nonsense for another year, but nooooooo, you send us some shaggy dog story about ony drinking two beers at Gyukaku. What happened to the gym shorts lady, anyway? When I go to Gyukaku, I have at least 10 beers and I get two orders of Ninniku Yaki. The combination of beer and garlic guarantees a very durable boner of 75% hardness (Rockwell) and an entire night of very pungent Buta farts. The ladies love it.

Is this your new farming job? We were all expecting you to send us big cardboard boxes of potatoes as thanks for putting up with your nonsense for another year, but nooooooo, you send us some shaggy dog story about ony drinking two beers at Gyukaku. What happened to the gym shorts lady, anyway? When I go to Gyukaku, I have at least 10 beers and I get two orders of Ninniku Yaki. The combination of beer and garlic guarantees a very durable boner of 75% hardness (Rockwell) and an entire night of very pungent Buta farts. The ladies love it.

Putting up with my nonsense? Remember, I wanted to leave this forum but the admins basically rejected my request...so I might as well post on here.

Most of your posts are complete fucking nonsense too. What sort of ladies are you hanging out with that love buta farts? lol

Also, why are you at Gyukaku committing cannibalism? I know they also serve pork there...

Anyway, gym shorts lady lives in Shizuoka City and I live in Hamamatsu City now, so we sort of lost contact. I can try hitting her up on LINE maybe next week and see if she replies and is down to meet up.

Putting up with my nonsense? Remember, I wanted to leave this forum but the admins basically rejected my request...so I might as well post on here.

Most of your posts are complete fucking nonsense too.

Please, everyone here likes you and your adventure in Japan.

Please, everyone here likes you and your adventure in Japan.

hahahaha! That is absolutely not true. You may like me but there are at least 4 or 5 people that hate my guts. That is ok though. You can't please everyone.

hahahaha! That is absolutely not true. You may like me but there are at least 4 or 5 people that hate my guts. That is ok though. You can't please everyone.

You misunderstood them. It's just your sensitivity that produces amazingly creative reactions when you are poked or porked. Everyone appreciates your talent.

Sigh, I was going to avoid this.

I am a manager. I have written up a few people for just a few times for being “annoying” at the drink together (happens to often). However, most of the time, I really only write them up if they are touching anyone and messing with females. The rest of the time, they are feeding me drinks and wondering where my drinks go to die.

Too long; didn't read.

Did you manage to keep your job? :D

JOKE TLDR: Annoyed co-worker, co-worked commented on his nice ass, got fired for having a nice ass, now is techno in Shinjuku selling ass but too high demand.

My job is going just fine. None of my coworkers are annoying or annoyed with me.
I think you probably worried about it too much. I find that most mild transgressions or faux pas committed at company parties (especially the drinking kind) are usually forgiven easily.

Most of your posts are complete fucking nonsense too. What sort of ladies are you hanging out with that love buta farts? lol

Also, why are you at Gyukaku committing cannibalism? I know they also serve pork there...

Anyway, gym shorts lady lives in Shizuoka City and I live in Hamamatsu City now, so we sort of lost contact. I can try hitting her up on LINE maybe next week and see if she replies and is down to meet up.
Thanks TJB. Have a great day. Pigs are in fact cannibals. If you throw a pork chop in front of one, he will eat it. I myself prefer a nice BLT on toasted rye with crisp and crunchy US-style bacon.

Thanks TJB. Have a great day. Pigs are in fact cannibals. If you throw a pork chop in front of one, he will eat it. I myself prefer a nice BLT on toasted rye with crisp and crunchy US-style bacon.

I would love you to make a post telling the story of how you became the infamous Warubuta.

I also don't like drinking a lot of beer while I am at a place like Gyukaku, so I can larger quantities of your relatives. I'm just playing of course.

P.S. I don't think you hate me, but even if you do...I want to let you know I don't hate you lol. Also, BLT's are great.

Last edited:
Ok, so today at work those two flirty women that called me ikemen while giggling and laughing the other night actually told me again to find them a boyfriend.

They said it in a joking manner, but I think they are totally serious. I asked one why don't you want a Japanese boyfriend and she gave the typical response that Japanese guys are "bad guys" and that they are shy and not direct.

I think this woman is really attracted to Caucasian males. They both know I have a gf and I don't want to shit where I eat. I also don't want to find her a boyfriend...that is lame.

I just told her a lot of my friends are bad boys and they don't even live in Japan haha. I don't know if she wants a serious boyfriend or a white boy sex toy to play with.

Maybe if they invite me out to drink with them outside of a company dinner party, then maybe I will receive more hints.

Even though I don't want to get involved romantically with them, I must say they are both really fun to tease and joke around with.

And then at recess, maybe they'll ask you to go behind the bleaches.
You never know, you may get to 2nd base.

But if they do ask you out, maybe you can steal a few beers from Dad's fridge in the garage.

Sorry... Couldn't resist.
Just pulling your chain.!

And then at recess, maybe they'll ask you to go behind the bleaches.
You never know, you may get to 2nd base.

But if they do ask you out, maybe you can steal a few beers from Dad's fridge in the garage.

Sorry... Couldn't resist.
Just pulling your chain.!

Maybe they will pull on my chain too.