New here and cutting to the chase

gundamsan

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,
This is the second time I've stumbled into this forum so I've decided to register, yoroshiku onegaishimasu and all that.

I'm heading to Tokyo on short notice, sorry for cutting to the chase:

(1st and most important) Which shops in yoshiwara or general tokyo area are:
  • gaijin friendly (I can communicate but my nihongo definitely not jouzu, brothers, I am no naijin)
  • generally good track record as of late
  • accomodating to walk-ins if I can't reserve in time

(2nd if the above doesnt work out) I'll be staying at a hotel, is there a Deri-heru service thats generally reliable and gaijin friendly?
If not, there a Deri-Heru resource here?

(3rd and Optionally) how about stuff outside of Tokyo in surrounding prefectures?
IE If I shinkansen to Kyoto, for example, are there good places I can visit?

(Some context here if you require an explanation)
Again sorry about barging in and if I'm being uppity, this trip is very last minute and my work was packed, so I'm struggling to put in the work and do my research and reservations in time.
My last trip was like 5 years ago my infos outdated so I don't know if the soaplands I've been to are still going or if they are operating under different names.
I'm running through the resource threads as I'm typing all of this but some current recommendations here would really narrow my decision making.
Many thanks, y'all.

PS: do we have a wiki or a "getting started" resource?

PS: do we have a wiki or a "getting started" resource?
1693887350735.png

(3rd and Optionally) how about stuff outside of Tokyo in surrounding prefectures?
Everything outside of Tokyo will be more limited. See Osaka tagged reviews for options.

(1st and most important) Which shops in yoshiwara or general tokyo area are:
  • gaijin friendly (I can communicate but my nihongo definitely not jouzu, brothers, I am no naijin)
  • generally good track record as of late
  • accomodating to walk-ins if I can't reserve in time

(2nd if the above doesnt work out) I'll be staying at a hotel, is there a Deri-heru service thats generally reliable and gaijin friendly?
If not, there a Deri-Heru resource here?
Not to be so blunt, but we don't offer a guide or recommendation service here. The reviews are there for you to find something fits your needs. All reviews are written by those that not native to Japan and are classified as foreigners with varying degrees of Japanese ability (None to Fluent, etc.).

What's the difference? I kinda know what mat play is but is bed play just regular stuff?
As regular as it can be. The difference is with longer than 60 min courses you also get mat play because setting up the mat takes a little time.

Kyoto is a GREAT place to VISIT but a TERRIBLE place for P4P :LOL:

Especially as a foreigner, not speaking Japanese (not a bad thing per se, we've all been there before).