New member!

Sweetpotato

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, this feels kind of silly but why not?

I haven't been lurking too much before registering, but done a fair bit of "research" at this point. Not quite sure what I want to get out of this yet to be honest, still thinking if this is something I want to pursue or not. Like many here (I suspect), I'm living in Japan since some years ago and in a marriage with unfortunately a lot of unhappiness. That being said, well met everyone!

I haven't been lurking too much before registering, but done a fair bit of "research" at this point. Not quite sure what I want to get out of this yet to be honest, still thinking if this is something I want to pursue or not. Like many here (I suspect), I'm living in Japan since some years ago and in a marriage with unfortunately a lot of unhappiness. That being said, well met everyone!

I was once living in Australia in a marriage with a lot of unhappiness, and I can tell you that life with more smiles and more uncomplicated sex is the way to go. Welcome!

I was once living in Australia in a marriage with a lot of unhappiness, and I can tell you that life with more smiles and more uncomplicated sex is the way to go. Welcome!

Yes, that's probably right. I used to think that's about what I had, but even in love things aren't always what they first seem. Or at least that's what I've learned over the years.

Reactions: Mischa Maxwell

Welcome, my friend.

We have much in common, so dai jobu. I lurked for years as well and now feel right at home.

But sorry, I am in a happy marriage, well, most of the time.
rasta-lion-emoji-jpg.6384

Hello there! Sorry to hear about your unhappy marriage, i can only imagine. I hope you find your peace & happiness soon and a way to solve your problems. And welcome to Tag!

Hmm... Where have I head that before? Oh, yeah, that's what I was telling myself this (every) morning.

Reactions: Sweetpotato
So you have an unhappy marriage and you find yourself on a P4P sex site. Your marriage is unhappy because you no longer have sex or you no longer have sex because your marriage is unhappy. In either case, this is Asia, so men can separate their sex lives from their marriage. Just be discrete. Don’t do anything stupid like spend the kids college money in Yoshiwara, or get romantically involved. Or work it out with the wife. Or get divorced and find someone new to be unhappy with. It’s all good.

Don’t do anything stupid like spend the kids college money in Yoshiwara, or get romantically involved. Or work it out with the wife.

Yeah, I agree it would be stupid to work it out with the wife. Guys like me would never then get laid anymore.

Welcome. Sorry to hear about the marriage. I think a lot of us can relate. I know I can.

If you're thinking about getting into P4P as a result of whatever you have going on in your life/marriage, you wouldn't be the first and certainly won't be the last. Whether or not it helps really depends on what you're hoping to get out of it so give it some thought.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Thanks everyone, I know I'm hardly unique in any way (and have heard stories from other expats in Japan having it much worse than me).

As much as I would love to write for hours with complaints about my marriage, in the end it isn't that interesting for anyone else to read about. I'm mostly disappointed with myself because I saw this coming from the very beginning and yet I took the path of least resistance. Too bad life doesn't come with save-points or second attempts.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Too bad life doesn't come with save-points or second attempts.

Still it is almost always possible to reset and try again. The good thing is you still get to keep all the knowledge you have acquired so the second run is supposed to be easier.