New Years Resolutions - 2017

Exnocomment

TAG Member
Reaction score
graphics-happy-new-year-347832.gif

So now that I've got your attention..

Since it is already Christmas Day in Tokyo, I'm going to be like all the department stores we hate and immediately jump forward to the next seasonal topic already! :cool:

I'm not really a resolutions guy myself but simple messages and reminders to oneself can be good things, especially, if exposed to a public(ish) forum where you can be held to your own statements as a shameful reminder of your own failings! :p

So, here's mine: Fitness & Exercise!
Spend time to focus on my health and fitness. I used to be in great shape but let it slip to the wayside. Love for good food isn't an excuse. Neither is being busy. My career is going fine and I'm overall happy with life.. So let's get too it! No excuses! :punch:

So, what are yours?

Last edited:
I think that everyones resolution every year is health and fitness. Believe it or not you can lose a lot of weight just by changing up your diet and becoming more active than you already are. Essentially walking a few miles everyday and what not.

I think that everyones resolution every year is health and fitness. Believe it or not you can lose a lot of weight just by changing up your diet and becoming more active than you already are. Essentially walking a few miles everyday and what not.

Totally agreed, I eat healthy for about 30-40% of my meals but have a pretty seditary job. I also adore carbs and French food way too much. So really it's making sure I start working out intensely at least 2-3 times a week from the current ZERO times a week. Calisthenics isn't exactly what I'm talking about.. :p

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Essentially walking a few miles everyday and what not.

Should I do that before or after my ten mile run? :p

Getting to my, err, advanced age, you'll notice that exercising more doesn't do anything for your weight anymore. The only option is to restrict your diet. And man that ain't easy; then again if it was everyone would be fit as a fiddle :D.

Good topic. I have actually been thinking about this because i'm not exacty pleased with where i am at this point. I have made some mistakes this year (i'll cut mysefl slack, it was the horrible year 2016 after all) and next year i wanna take better care of my physical and emotional health and the way i treat others.

-i wanna get my blood tested in january to see if i'm lacking any vitamins and get a doctors advise on which ones to take. My diet may lack some things and i dont want it to influence my energy or my health. I also wanna get a preventive injection against hepatitis B. As much as i can i want to visit doctors and dentists and other health experts regulary for several checkups to make sure my body is in top health.
-exercise, just like all the others mentioned. Not that i want to lose weight, i actually really want to keep my curves. But after seeing Anna's perfectly toned body i can't help but feeling envious. Getting everything a bit more tight wouldn't hurt. And i really have to take care of myself. My body is quite stiff (a shame for an SW really!) so i wanna do some pilates or yoga to get more flexible. I also should really improve my physical condition, its bad how quickly i get tired. Its hard to make time and energy for sporting but i really should. Also i would like to do a fighting sport to release my frustrations and become stronger if i'll ever get in danger.
-eating healthy. These are such typical resolutions but i'm serious, i should cook more myself, and go for veggies and healthy stuff, no warm up ramen or something.
- saving money. I had this one last year as well but i should just continue this. Also less shopping. I did really well on that for a while but fell back a bit, but i think i'll be able to do it even less next year
-improve my Japanese and doing my best for school. Same as saving, its not that i am not trying already but i wanna continue and improve more
-control my emotions better. I easily become upset or panic and sometimes treat others badly because of that. I wanna work on this and become nicer and more relaxed and not snappy or panicking.
And just be nicer to people in general, you can never be nice enough.
-giving my all at work and make clients happy.

For some of these i'm on the right way already, for some there is a lot of work to do but if i can work on all these points next year and improve them, i'll improve a lot as a person

Smoke, drink, and masturbate just a tad less. Remind self that backpage is a waste of time. Live everyday like it's the last........(that I don't need to be reminded of)

Live everyday like it's the last........(that I don't need to be reminded of)

Maybe this is the trick to keeping resolutions?

Not procrastinating and coming to grips with one's mortality.

One of my favorite scenes in a movie is from Troy, when Achilles (Brad Pitt) is telling that temple chick a secret about how the gods envy mortals.

“The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.”

I think all of us know that our time is limited, but too often we push those thoughts aside.

I'm going to try and strike a balance this year between enjoying the moment and not fouling up however many future moments I might have.

As far as specific resolutions, I have a few. Mostly I want to take my want photography to the next level this year.

I'd like to get one of my shots used in National Geographic's monthly "Your Shot" competition, or at least get picked as an editor's favorite.

Maybe this is the trick to keeping resolutions?

Not procrastinating and coming to grips with one's mortality.

One of my favorite scenes in a movie is from Troy, when Achilles (Brad Pitt) is telling that temple chick a secret about how the gods envy mortals.

“The gods envy us. They envy us because we’re mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.”

I think all of us know that our time is limited, but too often we push those thoughts aside.

I'm going to try and strike a balance this year between enjoying the moment and not fouling up however many future moments I might have.

As far as specific resolutions, I have a few. Mostly I want to take my want photography to the next level this year.

I'd like to get one of my shots used in National Geographic's monthly "Your Shot" competition, or at least get picked as an editor's favorite.
I love that quote!
Living every day like its the last only would work for some goals. Like yea, if you have bucket list items you may do it faster if you live like there is no tomorrow but i wouldn't start working out or eat healthy if it was my last day, not at all!

Meet more girls, have more sex.

~25 girls for 2017 is the goal, since I tend to get stuck on the same few and give them booty calls rather than finding new people which could lead to new experiences

Reactions: Jbagz
I love that quote!
Living every day like its the last only would work for some goals. Like yea, if you have bucket list items you may do it faster if you live like there is no tomorrow but i wouldn't start working out or eat healthy if it was my last day, not at all!

The more I ponder the concept of happiness, the more I'm convinced that it largely depends on having a balanced attitude.

I've stopped viewing happiness as a state-of-being and started considering it as a skill that you apply to your life.

I've got a way to go before I earn my black belt in happiness. The end of the year is always tough for me, I have a tendency to get moody when I look back at a year.

The more I ponder the concept of happiness, the more I'm convinced that it largely depends on having a balanced attitude.

Absolutely. I do think it is a skill that needs to be developed personally over time.. There's an interesting article out about how many younger people are increasingly unhappy about their own lives because of social media. They compare their lives (real) with the versions of lives that people post on facebook, instagram, twitter (not real). It's like comparing reality to augmented reality or fantasy.. You just can't compete. I think we'll all learn to adjust, our brains take a bit, but the pace of change definitely has a lot of people struggling to adapt. See this pic for a case in point:

UJrzj7B.jpg

One thing I worry about a bit.. Is I think full immersion VR is going to cause a lot of turmoil.. I think we're the first group of generations (plural) to have access to such intense "pleasure" stimulus at the palm of our hands..
Always.. Immediately. Video game addiction, escapism, never has it been possible to entertain yourself so much while sitting at home and away from the outside world
I came to this epiphany when for a "stay in" meal with a few friends .. We ordered exactly the food we wanted from 3 different restaurants all at the same time via Uber Eats. The best dishes from 3 fabulous restaurants. We didn't spend time griping over what kind of food each person wanted.. We just got exactly what we wanted x3. Heck, we got extra, cause we wanted more variety. Everything was easy and seamless.. It just cost more money.

I came to this epiphany when for a "stay in" meal with a few friends .. We ordered exactly the food we wanted from 3 different restaurants all at the same time via Uber Eats. The best dishes from 3 fabulous restaurants. We didn't spend time griping over what kind of food each person wanted.. We just got exactly what we wanted x3. Heck, we got extra, cause we wanted more variety. Everything was easy and seamless.. It just cost more money.

That surely does sound like a horrible and traumatic experience! I hope the PTSD passes quickly. :D :rolleyes:

-Ww

That surely does sound like a horrible and traumatic experience! I hope the PTSD passes quickly. :D :rolleyes:

-Ww

It's true, it was awful, we had to then sit there and engage with each other like human beings cause we couldn't complain about who got what topping on the pizza. It was strange and surreal! :p

It's true, it was awful, we had to then sit there and engage with each other like human beings cause we couldn't complain about who got what topping on the pizza. It was strange and surreal! :p

A weird new age is upon us. I am thankful that it falls to future generations and not mine to deal with these intractable challenges! :eek::confused:

-Ww